Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
As I released her we both went ballistic over what a good girl she had been, so she ran and got her ball coz I had nothing in my pockets!!!! I'm winning ya know!
Well done H, that did make me smile, I know from your past threads that Zena is much better trained than our two and Rianna barks at any strangers around the place, we don't mind 'cos we are very isolated here but I don't think we could train her to do all the things Zena does and now she's learned to sit when someone appears at the window.

As you say it's progress in small steps but must be so rewarding when it happens.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Congratulations on managing this.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Oh well done Helena - one clever doggie and you must be soooooo proud
Oh how I was Sue!

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well done H, that did make me smile, I know from your past threads that Zena is much better trained than our two and Rianna barks at any strangers around the place, we don't mind 'cos we are very isolated here but I don't think we could train her to do all the things Zena does and now she's learned to sit when someone appears at the window.

As you say it's progress in small steps but must be so rewarding when it happens.
Hmmm, well I wouuldn't go that far H, coz nobody ever does appear at those windows, except for the man who mows the lawn each week, but he'd never appear at the window, but she has learned to accept that's what he does each Friday and she never barks at him now, maybe she recognises him lol! It was soooo rewarding, if only for the fact that she was listening and watching ME instead of trying to scare the pants off him, I don't know how I managed to curb my excitement when I was writing that cheque quite honestly, just to see her sitting there quietly. It was a battle going on of who was going to deal with this intruder quite honestly, and it seems I won, she was willing for ME to deal with this all on my own, even if she did argue the point when she leaped forward again, she certainly didn't have the last word! It'll be very interesting on Sunday morning when Dave has 4 mates round for breakfast before they go off racing, I reeeeeally, want to get that sit/stay in the kitchen, get all the calm, before I let her come out there and meet them, oh this is going to be really exciting for me Sunday morning

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Congratulations on managing this.
Thanks SmokeyB, I'm sure you know how shepherds want to protect our property, so this was quite a feat for me today, if only for the fact that for the first time ever, she accepted that I am quite capable of seeing off an intruder at the window!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Fantastic achievement on both parts, very well done. Isn't it wonderful when hard work, perseverance and training kick in, so worth all the effort huh?

Can sympathize with the barking when visitors knock at the door thing, whilst Marius is a total angel and is quiet as a mouse, gob-on-a-stick Lola will scream at them whilst bouncing up and down like Zebedee.

Drives me insane - I am determined to get her out of the habit. Totally just because she's excited, she doesn't say boo once they are through the door
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2