View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Yes I can understand putting cockatiels in an aviary, we have a big domed cage which is taller than me, so it must be over 5' wall, so plenty of room for my 3 birds. We rescued Norman (cockatiel) and Peter (budgie) sadly Peter died, he was an old man, Jess thinks around 8 years old, so we got Norman a new friend another cockatiel......eldest daughter has called him DAVE!! Haven't a clue why, although it could be something to do with Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) then I inherited the budgie, but they all get along great, plenty of room for the 3 of them.
Flipper
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2006, 10:08 PM
All our budgies were called Peppi, the last one, Peppi the 5th was cool, he used to play fetch, he would sit on the edge of my plate while I was eating and take bites out of my chips, little piece of beef here and there but he hated peas, the dog would be laying behind him and the budgie would toss the peas to him (or at him, he didnt like the dog too much ever since he flew into his mouth one time, the poor dog was just standing there minding his own business and in flies Peppi the 5th, all I could see was a wing and a tail so I yelled at the dog, he spat the bird out, dog hides behind the couch and the bird runs round the back of the chair, feathers all fluffed out panting like crazy.....how that budgie lived to be nearly 10 years out was just beyond me.

I could never bring myself to let him eat my fried eggs though....that just seemed....well, wrong!!!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Ooops forgot to fill you in on his name.

We have called him Wilson!!

He is a lovely little chap, everyday a new sound is heard, there is s sound that sounds like a voice but not words - if that makes sense? :smt105

Anyone got any tips on taming?
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 09:10 PM
My nana use to have these and I loved them beautiful pics thank you for sharing
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 12:39 PM
We just had him out of the cage for a fly around, and after a few minutes I went to the picture frame he was sitting on, put my finger on his chest, he stepped on and I walked across the room and he hopped back into his cage! Must be good!! :smt041
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2