Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-12-2010, 01:15 PM

Dont forget to feed the birds

Keep those wild birds fed and watered ....
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Done

scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 01:30 PM
I got into trouble last year as it turned out I was also feeding the local rat population

This year I make sure I take the bread and left overs to the grass area across the road to us, that way it doesn't matter what wildlife gets to eats it, better than it going to waste
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 01:32 PM
My garden is a haven for the local birds because we don`t get any cats in it. We have a well stocked Bird Table and a Bird Bath for their ablutions. In return they crap on my washing. Ah well....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 02:32 PM
My blackbirds are totally spoiled, and so are the others come to that! I bought jumbo bags of raisins and sultanas (their favourites) only last week when Iknew this awful weather was coming. The others get sunflower hearts, and ginger nut biscuits all crumbled up and digestives, and loads of apples cut in half! Yep, certainly doing my bit. I'm trying to keep the water defrosted by pouring boiling water on it, but it soons freezes over and they must have water! Not forgetting a well soaked loaf of bread which lasts a few days, just keep pouring boiling water over it in the mornings!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Our birds are better fed than us
I bought a £20 tub of Mealworms last week. Funnily enough they seem to like the dried ones better than the live ones.
They get porrige oats, currents, bread, suet, grated cheese, seeds, nuts ground up in the food processor, left over roast spuds all put at the bottom of the garden with a birdbath of water. We also have a waterfall beside the pond where they can drink.
We have a pair of wagtails that come to feed on the patio. When they have finished what we put out they come up onto the kitchen window cill and tap the window
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-12-2010, 02:54 PM
I been watching robins in the snow looks like a christmas card scene ...
Never thought it would be relaxing watching birds eat .lol
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Done, My "fat balls" are hanging out the back and there is plenty loose food on the front, only problem I seem to be feeding the local pheseants as well
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 02:59 PM
I get what ever if leftover from weighing out the sacks in my shop - everything from basic seed, fat balls, sunflower seeds and hearts, premium seed with insects....

I cleared the bird table of snow, and I feed them every morning when I go and let my rabbits out
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I been watching robins in the snow looks like a christmas card scene ...
Never thought it would be relaxing watching birds eat .lol
Time wasting too

Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
Done, My "fat balls" are hanging out the back and there is plenty loose food on the front, only problem I seem to be feeding the local pheseants as well
Lucky you, wish I had a pheasant in my garden!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >