View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 08:18 PM

dog sitting outside our front door! twice!

well indie is in heat, about 3 weeks in. well a couple of days ago a little jrt turns up outside our door. at first i didnt realise, but indie was going mad at the door and thought she;'d just heard a plane. but she kept going and going. so i opened the door and there is this little jrt standing there looking at indie thru the cat flap!

so i phone the number on his tag, and this man answers and tells me hes fine and just to let him go, they let him roam. i told him that wasnt possible cos he was sitting outside my door and i have a bitch in heat. so he says to let him go and he will call him. well, twenty mins later this dog is still at the door, and indie is still going mad trying to kill it thru the cat flap. so i phone him again and tell him i need to walk my dog and if i open the door she will kill him, shes that wound up. so he says he'll send his wife round the call him.

well, eventually the dog just wanders off, no sign of owners! they apparently live in the trailer homes somewhere, not sure where tho!?

anyway.
today i went outside to go for my driving lesson. and again, theres this little dog outside. i thought, great. im off out for a 4 hr lesson and indie may break thru the cat flap if this dog winds her up. so i chase him off, knowing the owner isnt coming!

anyway, off he scurries, and as i get in the car up drives this old truck with a family in whistling for their dog. and the dog comes running across the road back to his owners.

it just really annoys me how irresponsible some people are with their dogs! grr.
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 08:40 PM
It's amazing how many people still let their dogs roam alone - I don't know how they can do it. Must admit though I don't see as many around as I used to.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Poor little dog, makes me so mad to see a dog treated like that, unfortunately it will probably be back to your doorstep!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 09:15 PM
next time it comes on your doorstep report it to the dog warden or take it to the local police station
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 01:24 AM
Poor dog, anything could happen to it Can't be nice for you and Indie either. Like Brundog said, next time you should report it, maybe then the owners will get the message. They don't seem to care about him much
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 07:45 AM
the owner should have come to get his dog ....the little dog was just following Indies cent i bet he thought he was in there
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Aww poor little dog, cant believe some people still let dogs roam, although doesn't suprise me from a trailer park
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 10:06 AM
If I were you I would lock the catflap, or the JRT is likely to get through (and she might well let him when she is ready) it, and leave you more than you bargained for.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 06:25 PM
yeh the catflap is locked!
she can still see thru it tho! she didnt know it was there b4, but she does now!

i hoped she would never realise it was there

doh