Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Hi everyone,

took max back to the vets last night, and he's not 100 0/0 to me he appeared ok but made me walk him up and down the car park then he took over and made me watch hes leading with the left leg all the time and always leaving the right until he has to move it. so not totally right we have to carry on with the metacam for a futher week and now something called proglycan for a min of 2 months thats to put some fluid around the joint the vets as said he may need to take these in a small dose for ever

Its so hard still no walks of the lead for another week poor poor max

The doesn't want to see him next week but to stop the metacam and see how he reacts and if he starts to limp again to go back otherwise we have to go back in 6 weeks for another x-ray and maybe disscuss the operation
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
What a shame, don't blame yourself hun, just give him extra cuddle duddles always makes me feel better, you are doing everything you can for him and I'm sure with your care he will be ok, hugs to you both.
Thanks, for the words of encouragment, he seems to be back to his normal bouncy self, hard to keep him quiet and calm

Originally Posted by dori-katie View Post
Ah poor max just seen this thread, hope he is ok.
thanks,

Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
[/U]

Dont be hard on yourself, my two regularly bump themselfs and on the odd occasion they have a wee limp for a day or so, if I ran each time to the vet he's soon get sick of the sight of me, I normaly wait about the same time as you did, sometimes its just a wee twist that settles over night, rarely is it something as bad as you have had, you have just been unlucky, ps I also use Euky for the pups and to date have had no problems with it, hope things are better soon, shona x
thank you, i'm carrying on with the EUK for the time being anyway checked the calcuim levels and it says added vitamins to help developing bones so will see how we go.

Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Awww Mel, I'm really sorry to be reading this about your lovely Max. Hope he's feeling better - sending big hugs to you both!
thanks shaza, just felt so helpless, my poor baby looked so sad and now all he wants is to go for a walk whenever i leave without him he looks so miserable
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 09:16 AM
AHHHHHHHHH hugs max get well soon xxxxx
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

well ive had max back to the vets its six weeks since he last went.

The vet was very pleased with him had me running him up and down the carpark like a loony
he manipulated his leg well and Max should no signs of pain or discomfort so nothing to do NO OPERATION!!! what a relief. i was worried to say the least.

we have to have a X-ray when he's had his first birthday just to check all is well but he's confidant that it was just growing I do hope so..

Just thought i'd update you all thanks as always for your support and kind words
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Good news about Max's leg.Sorry I missed this first time around.
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2007, 07:54 AM
thanks lynne, i'm always missing stuff you only have to be away a day and your out of touch, he's back to normal now long walks are allowed now thats good hes got far too much energy to be cooped up all day and staying on the lead was a nightmare..
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Glad to hear that Max is feeling better MJ,
A housebound puppy is no fun at all.

Hope things continue to improve for him, give him a hug from me xx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Good news about Max really pleased for you both and I too am sorry I missed this first time around. Must have been having one of those senior moments.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Thats really good news
Pleased for you all xxx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

13-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Aw sorry to hear about Max. Good advice given on here - I can't add to it, except a crate is great!

Just wanted to say that I do hope that all heals well and it should as he is so young.

Big hugs and cuddles and doggy kisses to him from Loki and me as well xx
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >