View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

10-07-2006, 05:39 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd

Yeah I think I'll leave it a couple of weeks, let her find her feet.

They haven't been raised on raw, but the breeders do feed raw eventually, they just seem to prefer the dry food + raw mince route when they're really little.

Give it a bit of time I'm sure I'll get there.

Rips you could give her a ch/wing to play with, use the 3 jointed one & open it out & bend the joints till they disjoint & it stays open. See what she does with it & how she is, if the breeders have been giving a little mince on the dry you could continue, just a spoonful. That wat it`ll be done nice n slowly
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 05:48 AM
Originally Posted by Christine
Yep this could be a prob V Having an extra freezer really does help, means you can cut costs by buying in bulk, time cos you don`t have to shop every other day or so etc A friend of mine bought her freezers second hand & even had some given to her cos people had bought newer ones

Do you have room in the garage, garden shed, anywhere for 1??? With 3 dogs it would be a great help
The annoying thing is I used to feed my two labs tripe, and had a freezer just for them. However, two years ago, I gave it away
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

10-07-2006, 06:10 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki
The annoying thing is I used to feed my two labs tripe, and had a freezer just for them. However, two years ago, I gave it away
Argghhhh nooo V couldn`t you just kick yourself

Have a look in the 2nd hand places, or the ones like *free but you need to collect* papers/ads
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 06:14 AM
Argghhhh nooo V couldn`t you just kick yourself

Have a look in the 2nd hand places, or the ones like *free but you need to collect* papers/ads
I've got nowhere to put it now.......
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

10-07-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki
I've got nowhere to put it now.......
ohhhh *¬^#"%&* blast!!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 07:23 AM
ohhhh *¬^#"%&* blast!!!!
I know I could spit!
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2006, 08:23 AM
spare bedroom? That's where mine is I only have a small chest freezer but I can keep enough in it for over a month, some of it is in there for longer. I don't get anything mail order though so there is no minimum order for me to fill, if I did then it would have to be a larger freezer as I don't think this one would be big enough
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

10-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Thats a good idea C/M or the garage V, or garden shed even or or or somewhere suppose the roofs outta the question
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Rips you could give her a ch/wing to play with, use the 3 jointed one & open it out & bend the joints till they disjoint & it stays open. See what she does with it & how she is, if the breeders have been giving a little mince on the dry you could continue, just a spoonful. That wat it`ll be done nice n slowly
I am tempted, partly just because it'll keep her occupied for a bit!

She is still getting mince in with her dry as I didn't want to change her meals and upset her. Just not sure about the smell of raw mince! :smt078
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Fresh, raw, human-grade mince smells lovely Rips, whether it is beef, lamb, goat, pork, venison, etc.. Chicken mince, if it is proper chicken mince (i.e. the whole carcass & bits ground) from human grade chicken 'waste' smells fine also.

If you find the smell a problem then breathe through your mouth, not your nose, when you prepare it
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >