View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Cosmo ( believe it or not) gets bathed about once a year tops! I just use a very mild shampoo on him, not worth buying anything else. I wipe him down, let him dry then brush him.
If he's rolled in fox poo it does smell, tomato ketchup can help, I tend to just keep wiping and brushing, if not
mild washing up liquid on the spot. As you saw though, he prefers his mud to rolling
Glad you liked it. Shhhhhhh though
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Cosmo ( believe it or not) gets bathed about once a year tops! I just use a very mild shampoo on him, not worth buying anything else. I wipe him down, let him dry then brush him.
If he's rolled in fox poo it does smell, tomato ketchup can help, I tend to just keep wiping and brushing, if not
mild washing up liquid on the spot. As you saw though, he prefers his mud to rolling
I still cant get over how he knew where the mud swamps where and waited standing in them until we caught up

K stunk to high heaven when we got in though Though she did completely change colour from white to black.

Everyone!! Theres some really nice woods at........sorry cant say
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
I still cant get over how he knew where the mud swamps where and waited standing in them until we caught up
K stunk to high heaven when we got in though Though she did completely change colour from white to black.

Everyone!! Theres some really nice woods at........sorry cant say
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

He remembers his muddy places even after only one
Visit somewhere!

She did love rolling didn't she bless!!! Very funny to watch She's lovely.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-11-2011, 07:12 AM
I used to shower Little One monthly during the summer and she would sit quite happily on a chair while being showered and then toweled dry - then straight onto the bed to roll away any damp places!

Pereg has never been showered as I would not be able to lift her onto the chair - or keep her on it if she decided to leap off half way through. But I do wipe her down with baby wipes when her face, throat, and rear end and legs get messy after she has had an "episode".

She did get rather messy when she went out yesterday as the rain had turned my yard into liquid mud and sand, but a rub down then brush saw to that. Most of the time. Luckily I have a mud-coloured rug and couch...
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Never bath mine.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Bella the min pin has been bathed twice in her almost 2yrs of life. Once when home from a stay at the vet because she was covered in poo. Once recently because she was going to the vet for a minor op and I didn't know if she'd have stitches and wanted to be sure she was nice and clean beforehand in case I couldn't wipe her down much after.

A damp cloth does the trick for her and her coat is very glossy. I just wipe her ears when checking her over and wash her paws under the tap if we've been at the salt lake or (like this morning) she waded through the only mud puddle in sight instead of going round it (she looked like her paws had been cemented!)

When I had a GSD I used to hose her down after muddly rambles. When I had a cavalier she was bathed much more often - her fur was like a magnet for dirt. She'd come home and go straight to the bathroom and put her front paws on the edge of the bath and wait! When I moved to where it was just a large ceramic shower tray she'd walk straight into it and wait! She loved being showered off and would then sit in front of the fan drying off with her ears blowing in the 'wind'!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Sometimes it's a must do...this was about a fortnight ago. He was actually dirtier than he has ever been thanks to wallowing then digging and rolling...The photo doesn't do it justice. It was also a coldish day and was getting dark by the time we got home. Drying off and brushing would have been painful for him...

Bathtime......
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Here is a piccie of old Charlie Girl loving drying off in front of the fan (hard to believe she died a day or two after this was taken).

Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Just a quick pic at the end of the walk...again not doing it justice...
[IMG][/IMG]
(The walk with K'Ehyler...the give away being the other dog lol )
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Ramble! Wonderful! Oh that has made me laugh and I was feeling a bit sad about old Charlie when I saw it! Magic!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >