Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
You cannot always get it, in the supermarket it is usually cut up for you unlike lamb hearts.

I feed it.
I don't buy any of Jins meat, apart from chickens wings, from the supermarket. A not-so-local but great butcher is far better, most meat is fresh and I always end up with bones for free.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 08:41 PM
I can usually get them for about £1 ish from one of the local butchers. He chops it for me too, so I can just freeze portions. One heart will feed three and a half dogs two meals so you'd have loads of meals for a JRT.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm getting so excited about this RAW stuff, now I actually know how accessable stuff is!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
I don't buy any of Jins meat, apart from chickens wings, from the supermarket. A not-so-local but great butcher is far better, most meat is fresh and I always end up with bones for free.
Lucky you, some of us do not have butchers!
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Lucky you, some of us do not have butchers!
Really? That sucks! I've not used one much before but dropped in occasionally.....Most of my stuff comes from the supermarket.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 09:28 PM
I used to get whole ox heart from the butchers, and they were huge. Jake absolutely loves it though Now, I get it in chunks from a supplier.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2011, 09:33 PM
I used to buy ox hearts whole (can't for the life of me think where though???) but I got sick of having to cut them up! So now I buy whole/diced pigs hearts at a local wholesale butcher which makes my life quite a bit easier!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2011, 05:32 PM
I give mine ox heart and they love it, but they love any heart at the end of the day. I buy mine chopped from Morrisons.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I give mine ox heart and they love it, but they love any heart at the end of the day. I buy mine chopped from Morrisons.
The Morrisons down South must be better than the ones up North cos my local one is rubbish when it comes to raw offal etc.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-07-2011, 08:34 PM
No news for me about an ox heart but with a bit of luck I will be getting some turkey hearts and chicken hearts on Thursday - if my neighbour can get downtown. The problem is that I really want them for myself and not Pereg, but I guess that if she can get me a couple of kilos of each then Pereg and I can share!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >