Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Offer him a small meal in the morning, and see if he takes it

Good Luck x

Forgot to say, I give my dog a slice of toast in the mornings too He loves it, I scrape the butter on it, then cut it in half for him If I forget, he now asks
Haha! Aww. Well I get up at between 7 and 8am every morning, so can offer him some food and see.
Was only with you saying that I realised every time it has been before his small food at lunch! Will give it a go!
Thanks!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Quick update, he hasn't been sick since, and has been acting fine! This morning we were up at 8am until 9am and he was happy and playing etc etc, he went back to his crate for the morning, let him out about 15 mins ago and he wouldn't come out - never done that before.... I coaxed him out after leaving him like 5 mins, and he like came out, stood for a sec, turned round and went back in.

More recently he has been using his crate as a bed during the day of his own choice too, so maybe he is just tired, but I have to go out for about half an hour-an hour around 1pm, so if he has perked up when I get back then he must have been tired, if not then off up to my second home... the vets!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Okay I went down about half an hour later and let him out, he came straight out and is now running about/playing in the garden.
He must have just been a bit tired!
I swear he does it to scare me
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Glad to hear he's back to his normal bouncy self, and I'm sure it was just a little bug he must have picked up from those other dogs. Zena was like this at the beginning of this week, but she shook it off after a couple of days, same as my older one did over the week-end. There's lots of nasties about at the moment coz of all the rain, then the warm sunshine, it's heaven for all the bugs lurking in the grass, along with all the lying dog poo of course, that's the favourite for the bugs! I hope he'll be fine from now on.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks
Yeah he wasn't off his food, which is a sure sign for me he isn't well as that is the first thing to stop with him!
He was fine before I went out, and as soon as I was back we went to the park and he met his best buddy and they were running about having a great time and came back and he had his small lunch so is obviously fine Must have just been tired and didn't want to get up!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 07:53 PM
So glad Alfie is back to normal. xx
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks everyone
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2