Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 05:35 AM
Hope it all works out for you and Ruby Hun. Good luck xxxxxxx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 05:44 AM
big hugs from me, im lucky that my OH has a very strong cat you the dogs are terrified of & later really respect, id hate to think of what would have happened if one of mine tried to kill her after i moved in. big hugs & best wishes for finding ruby the bestest home ever
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 06:52 AM
I think you have made a very brave decision and I don't think anyone can comment negatively as you have really tried to sort it out with her and the cats, in fact more so than many would have done.
I am sorry it has not worked out for you and i know it must be so difficult to rehome her but nobody can say you never tried as you have put every effort possible into trying to sort out the problem, but I think for your sanity and the cats its the right decision.
I am sure you will find her a very good home (((hugs))) at this difficult time.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Diesel was very close to the cats before Ruby came so he wont be completely alone and she does boss him around quite a bit so he may not take it as bad as we think he will.
To tell the truth Jules I sometimes think our Rianna would enjoy life more without Bara.

Bara always makes sure that Rianna is the 'junior' she bosses her around and rarely plays with her so that Rianna comes to me to 'play' now

It sounds like Ruby & Diesel are just like our Bara and Rianna except that we don't have any cats.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 11:45 AM
If its any consolation I was on the other end of this situation several years ago. As we were all working we decided a puppy to replace our old girl was a nono, so looked all over & had a lovely GSD our Sally whose owners were rehoming her as she constantly picked up the cats & threw them behind the settee etc. We loved her to bits & were so glad that a lovely girl like her was available to us just because of the cat issue.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Have been in your situation and had to reach the same decision, it is not easy but it is, in the end, inevitable and best for all concerned.

All the best in the future.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Thank you all, again, for your support it really does help knowing you are all behind me

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
To tell the truth Jules I sometimes think our Rianna would enjoy life more without Bara.

Bara always makes sure that Rianna is the 'junior' she bosses her around and rarely plays with her so that Rianna comes to me to 'play' now

It sounds like Ruby & Diesel are just like our Bara and Rianna except that we don't have any cats.
Dont get me wrong Diesel loves her to bits, grooms her, plays with her but i have noticed its always on Ruby's terms.

IF we find D is really suffering when Ruby has gone, we may consider another pup in the future but i dont want to think about that right now!

Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
If its any consolation I was on the other end of this situation several years ago. As we were all working we decided a puppy to replace our old girl was a nono, so looked all over & had a lovely GSD our Sally whose owners were rehoming her as she constantly picked up the cats & threw them behind the settee etc. We loved her to bits & were so glad that a lovely girl like her was available to us just because of the cat issue.
Thank you for that, not funny but i had to laugh, picturing this dog throwing the cats behind the sofa

Hopefully Ruby will find someone like you who will love her no matter what (not that i dont but you know what i mean)

The longer it goes on the more i know it is the right decision, even though its a very hard one.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 07:10 PM
What a sad, but very self-less decision. That must have broken your heart to decide this, I really feel for you .

I am sure you will find a very loving, cat-free home soon, she is gorgeous and I am positive she will be snapped up.

HUGE hugs to you xxxx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
What a sad, but very self-less decision. That must have broken your heart to decide this, I really feel for you .

I am sure you will find a very loving, cat-free home soon, she is gorgeous and I am positive she will be snapped up.

HUGE hugs to you xxxx
Thank you, my heart is shattered into tiny pieces but i am starting to get my head around it all now and feel more and more that it is the right decision for all of us.

Everytime i look at her i find myself apologising to her for failing her, she on the other hand thinks i'm barmy
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Thank you

Thanks Kel

It seems only the people that have cats understand where i am coming from, those that dont seem to think the dogs are more important, i'm afraid i just dont see it like that, i love my cats, they are very sociable and love to be cuddled and they deserve to feel safe in their own home.

Mia is finding it hard to really understand but she has seen Ruby chase the cats and corner the cats and she has screamed her head off thinking Ruby has hurt them so i think she does realise that it cant go on, she is being very brave and we will sob together when the time comes.
I have cats, well family cats now. I grew up with and have lost several cats over the years. All are buried in the font and back gardens of my grandparents apart from one who had feline HIV and couldn't be buried in the garden, he was a stray. We found him in a sorry state under a hut many years ago, we called him Kismet, meaning fate. We had him for a good few years.

Most were strays, one was a lilac point Siamese calld Ziggy and a blue point Siamese calledd Blue. Both unfortunately died of cancer, and it was after Blue that we decided on no more pedigree cats - moggies will do just fine! Ziggy died of a cancerous tumour in her brain at 5 years old, and Blue died of lymph cancer at 6 years old.

I live with my other grandparents now and Flossy, our latest stray, lives with them, though the dogs and cat get on great together. Our neighbours two ginger cats, brothers, have even moved in with us! We can't get them out!

the one I seen being born when I was 7 years old only died, at the beginning of last year, he was just a moggy. A lovely big placid cat he was.

As I've said, it's just my opinion and how I would feel.

I wish you all the best with all your animals and sincerly hope you find Ruby a cat-free, permanant home where she'll be very happy, and I hope it's one near where Ruby and Diesal can still meet up. Good luck.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >