Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by angie
Just to thank all of you who have helped me.
My yorkie has now found the perfect home where I know she will be very happy.
Hi Angie what a brave decision for you to make, if your little dog has gone to a 'perfect new home' I am sure the new people will keep you up to date on her progress and maybe take pictures I hope you will feel able to come and talk to us all on DW sometimes
Best wishes, Mini
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2004, 05:08 AM
I'm glad it worked out for you Angie. Maybe the new owners will be nice enough to bring the dog around to visit you once in a while
angie
New Member!

04-09-2004, 09:49 AM
Hi Barbara,

Thanks for your message.

The new owner has said she would been her around to visit or take me to where she now lives if I what to I do not know if this is a good idea it might upset her too much, she was very upset at leaving I have said to wait awhile and see how she settles. They are going to send pictures of her in the fields that she now has to play in and her in the place where she go to work with her new owner who swims dogs and trains the search dogs.
I have to say it has been very quiet without her, I have never not had a dog.

Angie
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-09-2004, 10:05 AM
It must have been very hard for you to part with your little dog. I think you are wise not to see her for several months. She needs time to settle in and accept her new surroundings and the new people in her life. It could indeed upset her to see you too soon. Keep in touch with letters/phone calls/photographs, if that is what you wish, until the new owners are certain that she has bonded sufficiently with them that a visit from you would not unsettle her.

You also have to consider yourself. Would seeing her again upset you too much? Sometimes a clean break is best, but it all depends on the individuals and dogs concerned.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2