Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2012, 06:31 PM

We had a lurcher in school!

Early Friday morning (before school started) a colleague of mine saw a dog being tormented by children on the school playground. It was frightened but was also wanting company, so after running off a few times, it came back to them for more teasing. She went out to rescued the dog and brought him into school.

They immediately came to find me to ask what they should do with the old chap. I gave the dog a quick going over looking for any injuries and I told the waiting teachers that the 'old chap' was infact no more than 6 months old. They were astonished (they'd thought he was old due to the little beard and eyebrows! ). They asked how I knew his age. I explained he still had his baby teeth and his testicles were small and not fully descended. They were horrified that I'd had such a grope

With a serious face I told them that feeling the testicles was not always an accurate assessment of age, as when I first met my OH I'd assessed his age at between 75 and 80, when in fact he was in his 40s I still don't know whether they took me seriously or not!

Anyway, the upshot is, after a phone call to the DW, Jack the 6 month old lurcher was reunited with his family. It was fun having a dog at school while it lasted.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Ooooh you are a devil

I would have wanted to keep him
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Ooooh you are a devil

I would have wanted to keep him
We did want to keep him, one of the teachers had already offered him a home. We were gutted when a chavvy girl and her MIL came to collect him Apparently they have quite a few lurchers but someone had let them out of their kennels in the morning. The adults had returned home but the little guy had been a bit more adventurous. He sooooo didn't want to leave with them, they had to carry him out as he refused to walk
Jesss
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2012, 06:46 PM
We had a great dane the first two days back, she had been escaping to play on the field through the holidays and was very excited to find 250 kids to play with one day, luckily our head teacher has two giant dogs so had no problems capturing her, we borrowed a skipping rope from the playground toybox to make a lead until her owner heard us shouting!