Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-08-2011, 10:55 PM

Still using IE? Don't admit it!

It's official, Opera users have the highest IQ. Guess which browser is used by those with the lowest? Yep, IE!

Internet Explorer users have lower IQ says study

Internet Explorer users have a lower than average IQ, according to research by Consulting firm AptiQuant.

The study gave web surfers an IQ test, then plotted their scores against the browser they used.

IE surfers were found to have an average IQ lower than people using Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Users of Camino and Opera rated highest.

The report has sparked anger from IE supporters, who have threatened AptiQuant with legal action.

Researchers gave over 100,000 web surfers a free online IQ test. Scores were stored in a database along with each person's web browser data.

The results suggested that Internet Explorer surfers had an average IQ in the low eighties. Chrome, Firefox and Safari rated over 100, while minority browsers Opera and Camino had an "exceptionally higher" score of over 120.

AptiQuant stressed that using IE doesn't mean you have low intelligence. "What it really says is that if you have a low IQ then there are high chances that you use Internet Explorer," said AptiQuant CEO Leonard Howard.

The findings have been treated with scepticism by Professor David Spiegelhalter of Cambridge University's Statistical Laboratory: "They've got IE6 users with an IQ of around eighty. That's borderline deficient, marginally able to cope with the adult world.

"I believe these figures are implausibly low - and an insult to IE users."

However, Mr Howard said he didn't feel threatened by a lawsuit: "A win in a court would only give a stamp of approval and more credibility to our report."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14370878
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Azz

Clicked on your link and the first thing it said.....

A story which suggested that users of Internet Explorer have a lower IQ than people who chose other browsers appears to have been an elaborate hoax.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 07:06 AM
WTF is this, surely we can use what we like.
I use it , it works fine for me! SHOOT ME now!!!!
Give it a rest.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Azz i think you are personally insulting all your dogsey users that use IE, thats terrible & against your own T&Cs.Disgusted
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 07:25 AM
Who cares!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-08-2011, 08:16 AM
What a load of tosh

Azz, you have to much time on your hands I think, either that or there's a little hidden insult intended somewhere in there
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2011, 08:18 AM
I am sure Azz is only having a bit of laugh!
Ok I will admit to still using IE! My son has put firefox on computer for me, but I dont like it! I am sure I would get used to it but as I rarely use the computer it doesn't make a lot of difference what browser I use!
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2011, 12:12 PM
i've recently gone with google chrome cos after upgrading to IE9 I couldnt see any new dogsy posts
I quite like chrome , but IE8 was also good imo
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

06-08-2011, 05:41 AM
Like I said in the other thread about IE, anything that challenges people's unthinking acceptance of Microsoft's PC dominance is a good thing! Even if it was a spoof story.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 05:47 AM
..... some people just don't like change, it's too challenging when you're old!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >