Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gsd lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-07-2011, 11:30 PM

Finding google chrome a little slow

is anyone else finding it very slow?it seems to take ages to open up pages my IE 9 is working just fine only problem is i can only get full use of dogsey if i use the google chrome am i doing something wrong or is anyone else haveing the same problem?help!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Chrome is usually one of if not the fastest. Give www.opera.com a try (my personal favourite)
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by gsd lover View Post
is anyone else finding it very slow?it seems to take ages to open up pages my IE 9 is working just fine only problem is i can only get full use of dogsey if i use the google chrome am i doing something wrong or is anyone else haveing the same problem?help!
Chrome is diabolically slow on this computer [not my own but a loan one], however I cannot open Dogsey links on Firefox now so have to switch browsers to see them.

Whether this is a problem with this loan computer or whether Dogsey links are not compatible with Firefox 5 I do not know. But I do not want to move to Chrome all the time for Dogsey so I guess will have to put up with switching just to open links.

I do not use IE and will not touch it with a 10 foot bargepole.

I do not think I can use Opera as it would not enable me to use the various scripts I use on other Fora.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Chrome is usually one of if not the fastest. Give www.opera.com a try (my personal favourite)
I am now using Opera Azz, don't faint! it's really quick.
gsd lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-07-2011, 10:03 PM
thanx AZZ will give it a try
poopscooper
New Member!
Male 

30-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by gsd lover View Post
A little bit of a technical answer (I don't know how comfortable you are with changing the settings) so please feel free to ignore. I have had problems with chrome and this is how I sorted them out - If you go to the spanner icon, then click options. Find the left side pane that says "under the hood" and click on it. You should see 5 boxes (that can have a tick in them). Click on the boxes until the only one that has a tick in it is "Enable phishing and malware protection". Then click back on the left pane "basics". Close the tab/window, and that should be saved. Restart your browser, and see if that helps.

I found that the other settings can cause problems, so just try what I said and see if it helps. If not you can always revert back to the boxes that were ticked before (make a note of them, though!).

Hope this helps.