View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Don't know what provider you are all with....but anyone with o2 can use Bluebook - you can back phonebook/messages etc up.
Just go onto their website
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Well each time you plug it into the PC, iTunes takes over & does an update. Its temperamental though i find anyway with the iPhone 4. ITouch was fine

Did you get any word of yours?
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2011, 01:38 PM
You can definately block it, people are so infuriating! You lose so much when all your numbers and photos are on it

I do hope you get it back but if not block it xx

I've just had a look and it says you need the IMEI number which if you still have the box your Iphone came in you'll have it... fingers crossed for you that you do get it back x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 05:27 PM
hey guys, I am thoroughly depressed with the human race, no contact regarding my phone, I did block it so its now completely useless to anyone else, and its not been handed in to lost property at police stations etc.

I went to the local cash generators place on the street where I lost it, and they said they couldnt give me any information on anyone who might have brought one in to sell, thing is there is a good chance that if a junkie type picked it up and wanted money for it they coud have taken it in there before it was blocked ( as was 24hours between losing it and blocking it via imei) and if they had bought it from them and its now sitting somewhere in there shop but blocked.... They wont give out any info and said they cant give away client confidentiality??? WTF? its all stolen goods !!

Anyway the police arent interested as they say cant be classed as stolen unless I saw someone actually take it. Surely though if you find something that isnt yours and keep it thats stealing???

I am just peed off I dont have money to buy another one, am not insured for it, as wasnt a contract phone, was an ex upgrade of my dads with a rolling sim in it. So was a great deal I had and I cant afford the contracts they want for it,

I am really really peed off.
My friend left her phone on the bus yesterday and got a phone call last night from someone who brought it back round to her !! Why couldnt THAT person find mine???

I had some of it backed up on itunes but tbh its the phone I am bothered about, someone has video footage of the kids loads of photos and personal stuff on it
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Oh what a shame Dani, there are some really dishonest people in the world. There are some honest ones too though, it's just a shame it wasn't one of them who found your phone...

Twice Dave has lost his wallet. Twice he has got it back.

The first time his mum had come to stay and they had gone to an out of town shopping village. The police called to say his wallet had been handed in by an elderly gent. There was £10 gone but the way we saw it that would have covered the chap's fuel to the police station and maybe a cup of tea and a cake in town. He never left his details for Dave to thank him.

The second time the finder rang Dave at work from the business cards in his wallet. We went to the man's house to collect it and took him a couple of bottles of wine to say thank you. Bless him, Dave's wallet had been run over and some of the stitching ripped. The man had cleaned it up and even taken it to his friend who was able to restitch the leather. It was slightly squashed and didn't look quite the same afterwards but it really restores your faith in humanity.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 09:08 AM
I back up 'phone numbers the old fashioned way - pen and book.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
I back up 'phone numbers the old fashioned way - pen and book.
Good idea.

I also keep a second mobile & when i update the iPhone, i update it. I actually have 3 of them in use. One for rescue, one for backup (only since the bath episode) & main one (iPhone) for general use. weighs the handbag down a wee bit!!!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3