View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 05:41 PM
I tried a canny on Takara (who now walks on a loose lead by the way!!!) and it was awful.

She was really good with it at first, for about the first couple of weeks I think we thought it was a miracle!
But then after that she would walk on two feet all the way with her front paws on her nose. She made a line across her muzzle and she actually looked quite scary to other people as she would open her mouth and try to get it off that way

She got to a stage where she could still pull on it and I decided it was worse to walk with her on two feet and messing about the whole way than without it.

Zoundz - what size canny would you need? If it's the same size as ours I can lend it you if you want so that you're not paying out for it and finding it doesn't work. If it works ok, you can probably keep it as I doubt I'll be using it again!

Can't comment on haltis as we were leant one to try from a friend but her dog was a male dobe and mine was a girlie dal and it was far too big for her! However, I was told Canny collars were rated better than the halti but like I said, it didn't work for long with T!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4