Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2021, 05:19 AM

Daily Thread Friday 19th March 2021

Morning all
Blood test for me today, shopping coming as well....got a roofer coming out tomorrow sometime.
I caught up with the people at the end house and they were telling me how bad things are with next door...6 times she has had the police to them!! I just said that I hope they didn't think the door slamming was anything to do with us and that I had ended up apologising to my nice neighbour for the noise, they said they hadn't realised we could hear it too....I said ohhhhhh yes! Apparently, everytime they go upstairs they ( noisy neighbours) start banging on the wall and the lad was saying that if you are going to complain about noise you would think that the person complaining would be super quiet themselves.....which isn't the case! He was saying there's an awful humming noise coming from the loft room, that does surprise me that they can hear noise from the roof because the roofs are individual and not connected in anyway to the other property. Main thing is, I have said that if I have a problem with them I will let them know and likewise they will let us know
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2021, 07:38 AM
Good morning Kelly

Hope all goes well with the blood test.

Will these neighbours get on board with you and the complaint about noise etc as it would seem that you need all the help you can get with these morons who can turn everything away from themselves.

Bright here at the moment. Just having breakfast then will take Teazle out. Off to garage this morning as the passenger door on Ben's car locks the passenger in I felt like a lady yesterday as he kept having to open it for me until he left me in a car park to guard the stuff we had in the back and I had to climb over to the drivers side to get out to pay for parking

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2021, 07:58 AM
Morning griff, Sue and all who follow.
Looking like a reasonable day out there so far.

griff I was going to say the same as Sue can you get together you neighbours on this ? You all might get somewhere if you can band together.
Look for light coming out of that loft they might be growing something suspicious up there.
Helicopters the police ones can pick up some sort of thermal output when they fly over and they then know there is weed being grown.
I know this from years ago when Mark lived in Norwich and lived with some student friends while he was sourcing accommodation , he often wondered why the helicopters flew over so much then one day he saw the raid happen and was told that's how they can tell. The lights they use to grow the stuff gives off a lot of heat.

Hope the door isn't expensive to fix Sue.

Keep safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2021, 08:36 AM
Sadly...no, the lad is a hoooooge fan of one of the owners ( his wife not so much) their issues are with the tenants, I just wanted to check that they understood that we aren't making the noise and that If they had any issues with the dogs to please let me know....they said they don't hear the dogs and to be fair, I don't allow my dogs to bark for prolonged periods, but at least I will know where any complaint comes from ( I have already spoken to the noise team at the council and they have clarified what they class as constituting a nuisance). I did also mention the strip of land at the front that next door had planted up, I pointed out it was actually the people at the ends land and they said that my awful neighbours knew that...so if they accept that's the land of the house at the end, how the heck is my boundary supposedly in a different place to the other 2 properties when the porch wall is the boundary.
Lynn, there's nothing being grown up there as the daughter sleeps up there but now he has mentioned the hum and I have listened....I can hear it and I am 1 floor down and pretty much deaf!! It sounds to me like a muffled bass but it quite obviously isn't music, I did wonder if they had a shower pump up there but they cut in and out
Crikey Sue, hope they sort the door quickly and cheaply..... couldn't be doing with being locked in a car, dad did it to me once, he locked up with the fob with me in the car, I didn't dare breath for fear of setting the alarm off
Managed to get through to the Dr, only took me 10 minutes and have an appointment with the Dr this morning sometime after 9. I spoke to my consultant last week and he said that my platelets are climbing and I am around the 550 mark, given I have had 2 Tia's he thinks it's a good idea for me to have a chat with the Dr about statins and aspirin, I have a history of stroke and heart block and heart disease in my family and he left me with the lovely bit of news that the disease I have also increases my risk of heart disease.....so I thought I better say something before everything gets out of control
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2021, 08:49 AM
Good morning all. Lynn, I thought like you that it sounded suspicious.' Oh well, if they are they should be careful about upsetting their neighbours. Maybe because they are under the influence of drugs is why they are so noisy. Hope you get it sorted.

Have a good day, take it easy and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2021, 10:24 AM
The mother is apparently a social worker, the daughter is about 16 and doesn't appear to go to school, is left alone all day until 8pm some days, the people at the end said they thought there were mental issues, my nice neighbour said the same and I said the first time she was banging on the wall I thought she was barking mad! Oh well... could be worse but at least each house knows that the other knows about the issues
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2021, 12:44 PM
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2021, 01:07 PM
Ooooo Kazz?? You o.k??
Been for my blood tests, flipping heck, took 5 little bottles off me this time, Hayley ( phlebotomist) said he doesn't like you today lol. Good thing though, the gp was going to get me to go for a blood test so I said I am booked for one today and he is going to check the results on the hospital system and call me next week so that worked out really really well!!