Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 01:05 PM

Your dogs best trick?

I'm looking for inspiration.

What is/are your dog/s best tricks that you have taught/shaped?

Sadie used to swipe her paw over her ear/head/nose when we said "Uh-oh" - she doesn't no more.. but she sits upright and begs..

Louie can do a lot of things, his best has got to be opening his toy box though (pedal bin).

Benjie can speak. (I didn't train him though - tried to teach him to twirl - he wasn't having any of it!)
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Murphy does a good "Pleased to meet you" which is a paw shake and very delicate kiss (he is usually a slobberchops)... you just say the words, and he offers a paw and a kiss!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Cooper does paw easily

Sam used to do give me five where he would give you his paw, he also did 'play dead' when you shot him with your hand, his tail would keep wagging though till you said 'tail' and he would stop wagging his tail till and played dead till you told him to move He was fab, I miss my boy
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 02:13 PM
bringing me a can of cider out of the fridge and then putting the empty can in the bin.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Murphy does a good "Pleased to meet you" which is a paw shake and very delicate kiss (he is usually a slobberchops)... you just say the words, and he offers a paw and a kiss!
Aww - how cute, Louie gives kisses too but not to a phrase..

Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Cooper does paw easily

Sam used to do give me five where he would give you his paw, he also did 'play dead' when you shot him with your hand, his tail would keep wagging though till you said 'tail' and he would stop wagging his tail till and played dead till you told him to move He was fab, I miss my boy
Aww Sam sounded like a character! I can just imagine him on his back and his tail wagging

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
bringing me a can of cider out of the fridge and then putting the empty can in the bin.
Show off!

I've got him closing doors (cupboards) tried the dryer but it needs quite a hard push.

I did get him to get his cloth (using for his homework) out of a drawer - bring it to me, then go and close the drawer.. not far off the fridge..

Keep them coming guys..
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 03:08 PM
thats just to good

very little im afraid, phoebe is to much of a diva to work for things when she can just help her self when she wants them. She opens fridge, freezer and most cupboards so all have baby locks on. she now cleans the dishes in the sink but have never managed to teach her anything other than basics like sit, paw, down and wait.

love reading what other have taught, always amazes me
Always Terriers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2011, 03:13 PM
I've sent you a PM with some of my tricks (almost all copied from what I've seen others do)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 03:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJW2TW23icw

I thought I'd post it - some good tricks - I did ask permission though..
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 06:51 PM
We were doing this but the fridge door kept swinging shut on his head!!! So we're training a similar trick but using a cupboard door which stays open.

I think my fav tricks that Cain does is "Bang!" (play dead because he does it so dramatically, it's hilarious), Dance (lifts his paws when I lift my feet) and Slam Dunk, where he puts a basketball into a net.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Molly does Avada Kedavra (from Harry Potter) instead of dead You make a wand out of your finger, point it at her and say 'Avada Kedavra!' and she rolls over and stays there until you clap It's a simple variation on dead but never ceases to please!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >