View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Couldn't you hire her out to the dog warden??!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2010, 07:03 PM
In the Park I go to pick up after my dog and am frequently confronted by some child telling me to do it in a dreadfully supercilious way. I have to stifle the urge to bag the child instead.
Can`t you just tell her that it`s not her job?
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
In the Park I go to pick up after my dog and am frequently confronted by some child telling me to do it in a dreadfully supercilious way. I have to stifle the urge to bag the child instead.
Can`t you just tell her that it`s not her job?
WOW another one, i think we are well on the way to finding our mini ninja park wardens of the future. and they sound like they are on a mission, BRING UM ON.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2010, 08:12 AM
I think it`s more likely that some children are being made over-anxious about `dirt`. (Not a dig at you - just a general observation)
Provided the child is taught to wash hands before eating and practice reasonable hygiene they should survive to adulthood. Children have grown up around livestock for centuries, and the race hasn`t died out.
Faeces are not a major threat - in my local park you`re just as likely to come across broken bottles, discarded nappies and ancient picnic remains. Other children may pass on all sorts of nasties in casual contact, from headlice to Impetigo.
Maybe ignoring this behaviour and encouraging the little girl to get her hands dirty with a bit of gardening might work?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2010, 08:16 AM
I suggest the distraction technique would work best to be honest

Three year olds do get the oddest obsessions don't they My son was obsessed with keys, all sorts of keys and any keys. He'd pick them up anywhere we were. We had loads of them lying around the house for ages.

He did eventually grow out of it, and became obsessed with bones instead...
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I think it`s more likely that some children are being made over-anxious about `dirt`. (Not a dig at you - just a general observation)

I agree, too many people are over-anxious when it comes to their little ones getting dirty. (never took it personal)

Provided the child is taught to wash hands before eating and practice reasonable hygiene they should survive to adulthood. Children have grown up around livestock for centuries, and the race hasn`t died out.

well, you would be suprised the number of children who DONT come from the countryside have no idea what livestock is? we have a lot of city family's move to our area and it is quite amusing when you hear a child of about 8-10 say to their mum "gosh look at all those black and white horses" and the mum reply's " i THINK their cows darling"

Faeces are not a major threat - in my local park you`re just as likely to come across broken bottles, discarded nappies and ancient picnic remains. Other children may pass on all sorts of nasties in casual contact, from headlice to Impetigo.

Thankfully we don't have to much of a problem with everyday litter but faeces we do especially on the bridal ways and footpaths you constantly have your head down soas not to tread in it.

Maybe ignoring this behaviour and encouraging the little girl to get her hands dirty with a bit of gardening might work?
I agree, infact her tomato and strawberry plants are coming on a treat, she deffo has green fingers, and as you said as long as she washes her hands after she should remain healthy (apart from the usual possible childhood gripes)
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
I suggest the distraction technique would work best to be honest

Three year olds do get the oddest obsessions don't they My son was obsessed with keys, all sorts of keys and any keys. He'd pick them up anywhere we were. We had loads of them lying around the house for ages.

He did eventually grow out of it, and became obsessed with bones instead...

BONES?????????????
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2