Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
What a nightmare Mel Sorry you are going through this, it must be really upsetting.

I agree that you should only let the two dogs have toys/chews etc when supervised and always make sure you take them away before anything kicks off.

I would also really up the obedience training, make Zeita (in particular) work for all treats, toys, affection etc etc. Let her know that YOU make the rules in the house, not her. It sounds to me as though she is getting too big for her boots and thinks she rules the roost. She has to learn that it is up to YOU (you hubby, and boys) what goes on in the house, and not her.

Have you had a chat with Elaine (at training) about the problems.

we haven't been for a few weeks because of her being spayed. She behaves for everything else its just the toys that are an issue. She always has to do something for a treat as does Zak.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Nothing much to add except for sending some hugs. It must be so worrying.Fudge went through a stage of growling at the kids when she had certain treats. Now we just don't give her those treats.
thanks for the hugs

she has never growled at the boys or us, its just dogs that are not allowed to get near the toys or treats. We can and she is completely ok with boys playing with the balls etc. She never even grumbles if they are near her when she is eating as she knows thats not acceptable.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
as some of you may remember I have posted about Zeitas bossiness/ resource guarding before.

Well it did settle for a while.

But a couple of weeks ago she did it again over a toy she had Zak pinned to the floor. over a pigs ear remnant

Then Ash gave them a treat together and it happened again but he got in the middle and he got bit (by which one he doesn't know)

Now today her and mums dog Samson have had a scrap over a ball, who started it we don't know as they are both ball possessive. However mum got bit quiet deep, she says it was Zeita who got her but I didn't see as I had hold of her. She has drawn blood.

When she is not in guard mode she is soft as anything.

I am so worried now i dont know what to do.

When out for a walk she will happily play with other dogs but then I don't take her toys with her.

I have said I might have to consider my options but I don't know what my options are. What more can I do. She is put outside after each time and told To leave it.

I can't risk the boys getting in the middle of a scrap. They are currently playing tag with her lol.

We can't afford a behaviourist and I have used them in the past and have never been overly impressed and they were highly recommended.

So other than remove all her toys and treats I am stuck as to what to do.

Help......
If that is what it takes , I would do it.

I have the same here, it is the only think that will start trouble.. usually started by Millie... I dont give any treats unless they are sat quietly and they are never left alone with them..same with toys, Millie will want them all, so unless I can supervise they dont get them.

I allow play, then take them up when I decide , and if any trouble ever starts I just remove them..what I dont do is punish the instigator... rightly or wrongly , it is the way I deal with it...

I hope you can find a solution.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2