Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

18-01-2011, 06:34 PM

What is reality?

BBC Horizon - What is Reality?

Are we just a holographic projection? Or does space and time exist 'inside' a mathematical object? Do parallel universes exist? Watch it to get some answers - that only lead to more questions

I soooooooooo want a quantum computer btw! A small quantum computer would be more powerful than a traditional one... the size of the universe!

The quest to explain the nature of reality is one of the great scientific detective stories. Are we are part of a cosmic hologram? Do we exist in an infinity of parallel worlds?
Watch here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...at_Is_Reality/
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Am baffled already But will watch the programme n see if am 'unbaffled'(sorry no such word) but very much doubt it. Some one once told me that everything exists on 'a vibration'? nothing is ever really still?(sorry bit off topic). I can't cope with this computer let alone quantum Very good question though
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Have just tried to watch it through stilted images n then, programme not responding, think need a new computer.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2011, 07:08 PM
lol-you clearly have far too much time on your hands Azz! What you're talking about could almost be a script in the Matrix trillogy.

and now i have a headache.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

18-01-2011, 09:40 PM
I love the Matrix films

Funny thing is science fact is even more of a mind job than science fiction - they've shown how some things stop existing when you watch them! How mad is that?

(Not from the same programme)

I find it all very fascinating - really is worth a watch
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2011, 09:51 PM
AMAZING, Im such a geek i watched the second clip twice
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Have just watched that n is fascinating but does it all relate in some way to what is here on earth already. There is a matrix of fungi/web that does encompass the whole earth n all that happens to us all.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Very intresting about the electrons being fired at the one then two slit plate and the patterning Azz.I think theres a lot of things still to be learnt with science.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Have been thinking about all this, not such a good idea maybe because don't understand . But it is in other way in that has made me think about things would not normally do. Reality is different for everyone or anything and if faced with something out of our normal/familiar ways would be unknown n frightening/difficult? A computer for me was not reality,initially, but became such( just). I know your're talking about stuff way over my head, but thanks for getting my brain ticking, even if not contributing to thread very well(sorry),n talk rubbish
Khasilooluv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-01-2011, 07:52 PM
these comments sound interesting! i'll definitely have to watch

xo khasilooluv