Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Awwww two sisters in one day!

I haven't got any brothers either..... but apparently they smell

Mind you H, you'd regret lending me your clothes and shoes coz after I'd squeezed in them they'd never fit you again lol.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 06:53 PM
... and they do horrible things to you, no, you wouldn't want one of those, trust me!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Awwww two sisters in one day!

I haven't got any brothers either..... but apparently they smell

Mind you H, you'd regret lending me your clothes and shoes coz after I'd squeezed in them they'd never fit you again lol.
So if Wishbone and Helena are now Pat's sisters, does that make me have 3 daughters......or am I confused.

I have a feeling that we may all be related somehow, perhaps Vicki and me could be cousins but what does that make Shona to me....my BRAIN HURTS
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 08:06 PM
So now I have a new mom, a couple of sisters and a few aunties.
I'm exhausted

Think I'll have an early night
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Right.... so I have two sisters..... and new Mum Steph.... and that means Charlie has two Aunties and a new Grandma!

.... and yes we must all be related as my head hurts too!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 08:14 PM
The mind is most definitely boggling.....

While we're at it, I could do with a brother, and a mum (mine was horrid - on a par with Shona's) and I never knew either of my grans, so I could do with a few rellies if you're up for it.

A couple of aunties wouldn't go amiss either
x0x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
The mind is most definitely boggling.....

While we're at it, I could do with a brother, and a mum (mine was horrid - on a par with Shona's) and I never knew either of my grans, so I could do with a few rellies if you're up for it.

A couple of aunties wouldn't go amiss either
x0x
Well if Jen is my oldest sister, could she be a cousin to you..... Oh! and tracey and Fiona are your cousins too.I see no men joining, so looks like an all female family.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Pat,

For what it's worth, I know how you feel about your mother.

My mother was abusive towards me, both physically and mentally. I moved in with my grandparents when I was 13 and didn't go back. She made life very difficult for me in the few years that followed, presumably because I was under 16 and she felt she still had complete control over me.

My dad disappeared when I was 4, and I haven't seen him in person since. He used to write and phone at first, but doesn't now. He's a stranger to me and if he ever wanted to say me (doubt he would) then I don't know if I'd want to see him. My only worry is that when my granparents pass away - a long time away, hopefully - I'll have to come face to face with him again, even though he's a stranger to me and I don't really know him. I dont know how I'd feel. I also suspect I have half brothers/sisters but dont want to come out and ask my grandparents as I think they would feel awkward and upset.

I have fantastic grandparents but it's just not the same as having a loving mother and father.

Although it still haunts me today, I'm trying desperately hard not to let it affect my adult life; that's sometimes hard as I can find it hard to trust and open up to people and can be very shy. As time goes on, I'm coming out my shell a bit more and hope I can make a decent adult life for myself in the years to come.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Pat,

For what it's worth, I know how you feel about your mother.

My mother was abusive towards me, both physically and mentally. I moved in with my grandparents when I was 13 and didn't go back. She made life very difficult for me in the few years that followed, presumably because I was under 16 and she felt she still had complete control over me.

My dad disappeared when I was 4, and I haven't seen him in person since. He used to write and phone at first, but doesn't now. He's a stranger to me and if he ever wanted to say me (doubt he would) then I don't know if I'd want to see him. My only worry is that when my granparents pass away - a long time away, hopefully - I'll have to come face to face with him again, even though he's a stranger to me and I don't really know him. I dont know how I'd feel. I also suspect I have half brothers/sisters but dont want to come out and ask my grandparents as I think they would feel awkward and upset.

I have fantastic grandparents but it's just not the same as having a loving mother and father.

Although it still haunts me today, I'm trying desperately hard not to let it affect my adult life; that's sometimes hard as I can find it hard to trust and open up to people and can be very shy. As time goes on, I'm coming out my shell a bit more and hope I can make a decent adult life for myself in the years to come.
Hope you don't mind me answering you as well
Thank goodness for your Grandparents, they sound wonderful. I agree with you though,(although not been through it myself) it is a awful shame that parents don't see what they do,alot of our Foster children have the same thing happen, and as you so rightly point out it does follow you into adulthood.

When the kids we have say ''what will I do if I meet them again'' we say Just be yourself....that's all we can say.

It must be very hard.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2008, 05:32 PM
oh Westie, what a sad tale *hugs*

I am incredibly lucky in that I have always had a head that could cope with stuff like this.
I look at it this way.. mother and father are what they are.
Nothing I can do will change them, no amount of wishing them different will make them different.
A tree is a tree is a tree. Wishing it a snowflake will never change it.

All I can change is my reaction to it.
My reaction is that no-one who tries to harm me or change me will win.
If I change who I am, or who I want to be, because of what they did - then they have won.
I won't let that happen.

I hope that philosophy is of some help to you.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >