View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2010, 04:37 PM

How long do the 'Swine Flu' vaccines last??

Can any one in the medical proffession tell me how long the 'Swine Flu' vaccine lasts (I'm talking 'shelf life' here) I believe there were lots of vaccines made last year which were never used. Have they all been binned
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 04:44 PM
The majority of the IV's and IM injections I administer at work have use by dates of about 2-3 years so I would assume vaccines would be the same. Don't know for sure though!

ETA If the swine flu virus has mutated since last year then they would have to make new ones anyway.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Swine Flu is included in the normal Flu one now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
The majority of the IV's and IM injections I administer at work have use by dates of about 2-3 years so I would assume vaccines would be the same. Don't know for sure though!

ETA If the swine flu virus has mutated since last year then they would have to make new ones anyway.
Thanks, so maybe the DHS won't need to order millions more doses now so that should save a few bob

'mutating virus's' OMG that has had visions of 'Alien' in my mind Hope it's not like that