Our sister sites
Our sister sites
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2011, 09:15 PM

Tissues at the ready

http://www.justgiving.com/Floyds-Friends/

I hope this is ok to cross post ,if its wrong please forgive me,I am in tears, they never gave this poor lad a chance ,they never contacted any experts in the breed ,who could have helped him I am mad at the RSPCA ,,I am sickened that any human could do such a thing to any other living thing,
RIP wee man ,,,,you didnt deserve itxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Oh, that is so sad I can't believe how matted he was!

Run free Floyd xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by b-eye View Post
I hope this is ok to cross post ,if its wrong please forgive me,I am in tears, they never gave this poor lad a chance ,they never contacted any experts in the breed ,who could have helped him I am mad at the RSPCA ,,I am sickened that any human could do such a thing to any other living thing,
Why are you mad at the RSPCA?... and who never gave him a chance?
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2011, 09:24 PM
http://www.justgiving.com/Floyds-Friends/

How could a breed experts helped with severe HD and arthritis? Also it wasnt the RSPCA who were caring for him, it was Wood Green Rescue Centre.
Poor lad though, it breaks my heart to see such cruelty. There is NO excuse for anyone who lets a dog get into that state! RIP Floyd xxx
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Floyd was walking in that video, he looked happy - medicaiton for pain relief would have made him comfortable. One of us would have taken him in and cared for him. Old oes can cope with failing eyesight, teeth can be removed, ear infections treated...The RSPCA were involved but they did not contact any of the breed rescues He was even wagging his tail in the vid,, it had only been a week , was Wood Green expecting miracles ,it would have taken a long time to get him comfortable with very small steps and they had enough donations to care for him , it just sickened me that dog had never been groomed in its life this didnt happen over night, Dulux has a lot to answer to for this difficult breed..
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Floyd was walking in that video, he looked happy - medicaiton for pain relief would have made him comfortable. One of us would have taken him in and cared for him. Old oes can cope with failing eyesight, teeth can be removed, ear infections treated...The RSPCA were involved but they did not contact any of the breed rescues He was even wagging his tail in the vid,, it had only been a week , was Wood Green expecting miracles ,it would have taken a long time to get him comfortable with very small steps and they had enough donations to care for him , it just sickened me that dog had never been groomed in its life this didnt happen over night, Dulux has a lot to answer to for this difficult breed..
But it says that he had 'a number of other medical issues'... maybe, in their opinion, it was just too much to put him through... If he would be suffering, then what quality life would he have? Sometimes, it is sad for a dog to be PTS, but sometimes it is the kindest thing for the dog...

I thought that Wood Green and the RSPCA were separate Do you know to what extent the RSPCA were involved in it? What do you think they should have done?
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Dulux haven't got anything to answer for, people need to take responsibility for their own actions. If people go out and get whatever breed because it is on a tv commercial without researching it first it is not that company/ organisations fault. They cannot control peoples actions.

Remember this dog was 10 years old, most probably has already been through a lot of pain and suffering through out its life. Ear infections can become very re-occuring, sometimes pain meds can only do so much, teeth can be removed but then you have the risks of aesthetics, risk of infection afterwards, already infections present. Im all in favour of giving a dog a fair chance but sometimes enough is enough. Sometimes the dog has been put through enough in life and its time to give it a pain free and dignified end, something this dog no doubt wouldnt of got in his past situation.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
But it says that he had 'a number of other medical issues'... maybe, in their opinion, it was just too much to put him through... If he would be suffering, then what quality life would he have? Sometimes, it is sad for a dog to be PTS, but sometimes it is the kindest thing for the dog...

I thought that Wood Green and the RSPCA were separate Do you know to what extent the RSPCA were involved in it? What do you think they should have done?
I should say the RSPCA was involved in trying to track the previous owners for legal action as i am sure they are the only animal welfare organisation that can do this.
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2011, 09:57 PM
the other medical conditions he had were a few lumps on his back and a tumour on his testicle ,which could have been removed without any ongoing probs ,I no its sometimes kinder to put them to sleep and I am first to relieve a dogs suffering ,I made that decision last year,, what im saying is ,it seems they never gave him a fighting chance he could have had cage rest/built up with good food/taken tiny steps to get him moving all these things take time and anyone of us in the breed would have taken him and cared for him but no-one was contacted I will find out to what extent the RSPCA were involved and there are people in the breed who would like some more answersxx
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2011, 10:09 PM
the other medical conditions he had were a few lumps on his back and a tumour on his testicle ,which could have been removed without any ongoing probs ,I no its sometimes kinder to put them to sleep and I am first to relieve a dogs suffering ,I made that decision last year,, what im saying is ,it seems they never gave him a fighting chance he could have had cage rest/built up with good food/taken tiny steps to get him moving all these things take time and anyone of us in the breed would have taken him and cared for him but no-one was contacted I will find out to what extent the RSPCA were involved and there are people in the breed who would like some more answersxx
I suppose it came down to personal opinions of how much of chance he was already given, how much quality of life he would ever have and how much more pain he would have to go through before he got comfortable, if at all.

I can understand why you and others in the breed would especially want answers. Personally I think it sounds like they made the right choice for him, as much as I would of loved to of heard he had gone to a great home. Life is so unfair at times
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >