Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2020, 04:57 AM

Daily Thread Wednesday 17th June

Good morning everyone

Oh dear Griff your poor mum. The treatment of her is not good at all. Do hope something gets done for her quickly.

No sun yet but at least it is dry and warm. Just about to take Teazle out and then into town for the first time since lockdown. Poor little girlie needs some more of her favourite treats and there is a lovely little pet shop there that sells them.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2020, 05:33 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow.
Looks like a lovely day is about to start here after a hot day yesterday and storms and rain later in the afternoon.

Enjoy your trip into town Sue take car.
griff your poor mum, hoping now things start improve for her care wise and health wise.

Hope everyone else is well and all four legged friends are to.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2020, 05:35 AM
Morning Sue have a good trip into town. I keep putting off going. Right must go and hang washing up. Have a good day everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2020, 05:52 AM
Good morning all, Have a good day and stay safe and well, your four legged friends too. God bless.

Keep saying but hopefully your mum will now be looked after properly, Kelly.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2020, 11:30 AM
Good Morning all

Have been to work and home now. Just had a much needed bacon sarnie (starving no idea why) popped onto here and shortly off to take Gert out. Lovely day here although fog/heavy mist this morning. Lovely now although have a feeling it could easily turn to thunder.

Griff I am baffled think I have lost a segment of your Mom's "story" I thought she was still in hospital. Was she stolen from in the hospital or somewhere else? However overall sounds from your last post yesterday that her health is being treated "lightly" at best. Do hope it all sorts itself out with an excellent outcome. Where she is is she nearer you now? and can you visit? Also do you and the family have faith in them to deliver the care needed where she is?

Moyra Have a great day. Hope you feel better yourself said you were out of sorts last week.

Brenda I feel no urge to visit the shops but never been a shopper person, if I do go I know what I want get it and out. Have fun.

Sue Hope you got the afore mentioned treats and a good trip out.

Lynn No news is good news regarding Dillon I hope I am right in saying have a good day.

Chris The move sounds like it is going well. What is the flat like? wonder if they will have another resident who is watch obsessed. LOL
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-06-2020, 07:48 PM
Greetings all

Has been a warm day but no rain which the garden really needs.

The strawberries in the greenhouse are finished and the outdoor ones will need another week but are starting to look good.

Griff - Sorry I missed yesterdays chat, I'm staggered at the way the hospital has handled your Mums illness, still at least you all know what she is suffering from so maybe those medics can really do something good now. The way the nedia cover the NHS doesn't always represent the reality, there are some good people but also a lot of 'jobs worth' to found in the hospitals these days.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2020, 07:52 PM
Hello Losos.

Sad to hear you are almost strawberry-less. LOL

How are your headaches?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2020, 09:16 PM
Evening all
So to catch everyone up
Mum got sent to an old people's home on Saturday...she was told that she was going to st cross and would have her own room could have visitors..yet another lie. She was told she was going to rehab at sovereign house... Turns out sovereign house is a care home... doesn't offer rehab. She was registered with the home go Saturday and occ therapy requested a visit Monday due to the state of her leg... apparently the Dr hasn't got the paperwork so it's resent Monday, no Dr came, Tuesday about 2pm still no Dr so I rang the home to check the Dr was coming, was just told she had to be registered and then the Dr would come...I wasn't happy so they gave me the Dr practices phone number, called them and mum was registered.. apparently they had no request for a visit so I said the Dr needed to go out, they said it would be today...as it was I guess with me interfering, the Dr attended yesterday. Mum was released from hospital after being told she had inflammation.. this isn't the case, she still has cellulitis...she should have been treated with oral antibiotics...she has been left a week with no treatment! Today's saga, the gp prescribed antibiotics...sent it electronically....to my bloody pharmacy!!! Not the home pharmacy! Colin the pharmacist called me this morning wanting to know where the home is....other side of the city so I said I would collect it and drop it in to her, bless him...he locked the chemist and drove straight down to my house with the prescription. Luckily I hadn't taken my chemo yet and two buses later mum had her medication!! Her leg is redder, and hotter... I don't see the oral antibiotics working as they didn't before she was admitted to hospital and her leg is the same...if not worse. Between dealing with the hospital complaint, the police, the solicitor and the home...I am bloody worn out!! Have chemo to look forward to tomorrow morning and I don't plan on going anywhere except the shower!