register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2016, 04:43 PM
They're all idiots on tonight, Brenda. The woman thats on at the moment as the most irritating voice, ever and is thick as pig poo
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2016, 05:09 PM
Yep but they won? How is a mystery.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Wow!!!! Just imagine a 17.2 hh turkey - that booger'd last till Easter at least!
Sounds like a succesful bone-run June. I would have thought that the pano is over by now. I can't remember any of the greyhounds from years ago going longer than 12/13 weeks.
Lynn - really do hope that this is the end of your car troubles - even though the chap sounds like a good 'un, it's still no fun being so badly inconvenienced..
My paperwork was finished with time to spare so the dogs have been out for another twirl round and are now ensconced with their tea. They should sleep well tonight as part of their exercise involved racing off in a straight line up the moor after something or other (no idea what it was - I presume a fox) couldn't see well enough to identify their intended victim and as they were running with their heads down I gather they'd be on scent as opposed to sight. No foxes were harmed in the making of this exercise!! They eventually returned absolutely knackered but no sign at all of a vulpine victim. So it's one nil to Charlie, he must have had a good start.
I always feel sorry for Danger Curls when she has to try to keep up with the lurchers - but my pity is I'm sure, misplaced. Doubt she'd have it any other way but it's one hell of a task for such little legs! lol !
Back later - have a good evening everyone, bye fer now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2016, 05:57 PM
Oh LG that sounds a wonderful run for the lads and of course Danger curls.,
Bet that made them ready for their tea and a settle down. Have a good evening all, I am away to catch up on those forty winks I was enjoying earlier until I realized I was way past Amber's walk time. She is now well settled.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
then I have the worry of heat lamp destruction once it drops below freezing and I put them up
now on my last bale of shavings so needs to be visited soon.
Hi June, do you need the heat lamps at -1 or -2 I would have thought with all the shavings and out of the wind they would be OK do they have two coats (Like wot Newfies have ) I won't post again the piccie of Baruska sleeping in the snow but that really was what she preffered.

Hope your new shavings supplier is OK and reasonable price.

If you do run a cable can you put a few nails in the wall and clip it to that, keep the bulb above where Zen can get to it, should be OK if no power on and one would hope Zen would keep clear of glass bulbs even if she could reach it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Once it goes below freezing I do like to have some heat for them at night, especially as Cariad and Lona are 11 next month, if its below freezing in the day I keep the lamp on the low setting. If they want to be outside thats fine, but I like them to have options. Their sleeping part is insulated as well, so they can sleep in there, in the main bit where the heat lamp is or go outside (as long as its not raining).
I can use cable ties for the cable as I have a bar running the length of the kennel at the ceiling, but Zen is very tall and would easily reach it stood on her hind legs. I am going to get one of those inspection lamps I think thats caged, I can't trust her not to do something stupid. How she is still alive after the stuff she's done is a mystery to me.
Brenda, I know, they won, think they were lucky the Chaser wasn't as on the ball as he usually is. Cannot understand why they always choose set A for the questions, I find set B easier to answer most times!!!
BareBum The Bandit hasn't been showing off His Wares tonight, bedroom and bathroom AND kitchen light on, but nowhere to be seen!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I am going to get one of those inspection lamps I think thats caged
That's a brilliant idea, Screwfix do them for a tenner but I bet Home Bargains can beat that and they usually have a grip that you use to clip onto something, very handy things to have if you ever feel inclined to lie on your back in the road and look under your car
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
part of their exercise involved racing off in a straight line up the moor after something or other (no idea what it was - I presume a fox)
Many years ago we had a lovely Labrador, she was not as fit as your Lurchers but she often found a trail in Crowthorne forrest, one time (I'll always remember) the fox apperared about 100 yards in front of me on the track, it stopped, it looked behind, it looked at me, (as if to say "She'll never catch me") and after a few seconds ran off into the undergrowth again. About half a minute latter Ria appeared, I told her she had no hope and she gave up and came to me for a cuddle

30 or more years ago but it's those moments which you remember.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I call them Golden Moments, and I've had a few of those with Lona over the past weeks.
I've got the ones from Home Bargains, a light bulb on the end of a plug in cable, with a gripper, but there are none of the caged ones. I have seen one in Screwfix as you say, but the one review is not a good one, so having a look on ebay now.
I'll run the cable through the utility window and into the back part of the little kennel and then take it back in with me until I get something I feel MAY be Zenproof. The one in the big house I can move back into the shelf where the bales of shavings go. The heat lamps have mesh guards on them and if they are hot maybe they will dissuade Zen from investigating too much anyway.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3