View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-01-2005, 10:46 AM
She great bart, you need to post more pics of her. I can see what you mean about the eyes, the girl on the telly had reallt red eyes.
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-01-2005, 11:01 AM
I can only predict damage to the Neapolitan Mastiff breed will come from the publicity given this morning.

How long will it take for the idiots to obtain a Neo from a puppy farm and start a 'nice little earner'.

I do commend the young man for encouraging reading up on the breed, but, how handy was his sisters dog to use as a stud? I'd be interested to know how much pedigree research he had done!Plus it would have been nice to hear him mention Hip and Elbow scores and whatever other examinations are neccessary to ensure as healthy a litter as possible.

I hate it when any breed gets this much attention on TV, it's a recipe for disaster.

Dawn R.
bart
Dogsey Junior

20-01-2005, 11:08 AM
i cant agree more my misses said same thing this morning no matter how cute the puppies looked that much publicity will make everyone want one and do they realise no mateer how cute they are when fully grown and weigh 125lb like kia does its not an easy job and at 20 months old she still thinks shes a puppy like you say they are a quite rare breed and ppl may feel a quick little earner so not nice
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2005, 11:24 AM
I read this in the newspaper, when i was at work at 5 this morning, certainly woke me up lol, couldnt believe my eyes!

fantastic litter!
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Put any litter on TV and people will think they are fantastic. It's facts that people should be told on TV not simply shown a crowd of baby dogs and encouraged to think how cute they are and maybe how great it would be to have one.

It makes my blood boil!

Dawn R.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-01-2005, 01:37 PM
A soon as I saw Laura had posted this I thought mmm wait for it, someone will say they should not be on TV and someone else will say I bet they aren't hip scored. A litter that size is bound to attract the attention of the media so it is pointless to say they should not put them on TV and they do look lovely puppies, but I would not want one, far too big for my small house and I think most people would realise that and think the same, you only have to look at the size of the mother, it is wrong to assume everyone is an idiot and would want to rush out to buy one . I don't think many people will think it is a nice little earner either, they have to have a bitch first and they don't come cheap, many people may actually be put off breeding by the size of the litter, it ok to say they are worth so much money but that is only if you have a buyer for all of them not an easy task I would say , I would not want to have to home that lot for a million pounds thanks
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Look, all I can say is that this is not good. Neither for Neos (the link CC posted said they were Bull Mastiffs ), or breeding.

All this will do is promote unknowledgeable people to buy a breed who NEEDS experierenced owners, not to mention it will incourage novice breeders to only breed for money. These people sound to be absolute novices who weren't breeding for any "good" reason, bitch 18 months old (for a big breed this is a big no-no), bitch having cherry eye, ect.

Mini has a point I wouldn't have one. And anyone with sense would understand that this breed isn't for everyone

Does anyone have the pic of the dam? I've heard on *another dog forum* about her having cherry eye?
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Yep...aparently the bitch has cherry eye...a breed fault ...animals having it should not be bred from.And to take a litter from a bitch of this type at that age is wrong IMO
Junkers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-01-2005, 12:57 PM
poor mother tho she must be really tired after all of that no wonder her eyes were red
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 03:41 PM
I saw a pic of her in my mums paper...her cherry eye looks awful, Poor girl
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >