Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by Toddster View Post
I think youre stating the obvious there smokey bear. Of course dogs who escape constantly are a total nuisance, cause a lot of worry and expense and their owners should be dealt with accordingly.
If you cant get hold of an owner if their phone is busy you damn well wait till its free! No -one wants to send a dog to the pound?? Do they?

Really? If I can't get hold of an owner if their phone is busy I damm well wait until its free?

If I was looking for my dog I would be on the phone non stop so I doubt my phone WOULD be free (one of the main reasons that a legally compliant tag must have the address of the owner on).

Also, what if the finder has nowhere to keep the dog?

What do you suggest then?

I am not necessarily going to take a stray dog into my car or home, it could be ill, be parasite ridden, have travel sickness or, more importantly put my dogs at risk.

Oh and what about if the finder has to go to work, pick up the children, etc etc. What then? Are you suggesting that it is more important to keep on the phone and risk your job or your child's safety?

For heavens sake!

Having worked in vet practice for many years I know first hand that in genuine cases financial arrangements are almost always made for the owners of sick animals. Either that or treatment at an animal charity.
Are you refering to my post about their being no food or water for dogs picked up and kept overnight?
It was admitted by staff and dogs excessively thirsty.

What is "excessively thirsty" and dogs in kennels DO get thirsty if they spend all their time barking; I am sure as someone who has worked in a vet practice for many years you are aware that barking makes dogs thirsty, as dogs often bark a lot when in the vets overnight etc!

Yes I know dog wardens have to be paid, so do pounds and kennels I'm not disputing that. Wish I know the answer, obviously you dont either!

I do not need to know any answer other than the one that exists. It works perfectly well.
Still no excuse for threatening to pts peoples dogs in genuine cases where in this current climate particularly many are struggling to pay essential bills and cant put their hands on money immediately, glad these people got their dogs back, hope they dont escape again !
You have hit the nail on the head, MANY ARE STRUGGLING TO PAY ESSENTIAL BILLS. This includes charities, dog pounds etc and they must then cut their coat according to their cloth.

If OWNERS do not have the money why do you think dog charities do? Or councils who have ALSO had to cut services to save money. How long do you think a kennel should keep a dog and even if it kept them longer, the amount would rise as each day incurs extra costs of course (basic law of economics and business)

Just stating the obvious........

I think you need a bit of a reality check!
Toddster
New Member!
Female 

15-08-2011, 09:22 AM
There is always one person on a forum who always 'knows better.. or knows more" and insults peoples intelligence!
Only posted stating what happened and hoping to make the OP realise its not uncommon and they werent alone and wishing them luck in getting their dogs back.
Hope you never lose your dog and cant afford the fee and have someone threaten to pts! If this system worked well so many dogs wouldn't be pts.I think YOU need a reality check dear. Not got time for this anyway trying to help dogs stay out of pounds !
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Thank you dear for your concern for my dogs' welfare, superfluous though it is.

Carry on with your marvellous work!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3