Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachael88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2008, 09:46 PM

Loss of Appitite and Vomiting??

Hay all,
Ok so my puppy Oakley has been slowing down on eating his food and often leaving it altogether, he's only 5months old and is getting his teeth through so i thought it was just that, but today he has been sick twice???
Caught him drinkin my cup of Tea yesterday and i take it quite sugary, didnt think anything of it at the time.
Should i start to panick? do i wait and see if it passes?
Do i take him to the vet?
Any help is mutch appreciated.

Regards Rachael88
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi Rachael, is he still pooing ok?
does he still seem ok in himself.. or is he less active?
do you think he may have eaten something he shouldnt have?

He seemed lively enough on monday.. but that would be before he started to be sick I guess
rachael88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2008, 10:39 PM
hi shona he seems noraml apart from bein sick,his ears arent warm so doesnt hav a temperature.

the first time he was sick it was just his kibble he brought bak up that was abit soggy. and then had him in the living room with me n i got up 2 go to the loo n he looked at me like he had pee'd on carpet so i went 2 go feel the carpet n he threw up everywhere,this time it was very dark & watery with hardly any bits in it, i reassured him right away as i didnt want him 2 feel bad for throwing up on the carpet even tho it is cream as it wasnt his fault.

gareth saw him earlier on in the day doing a couple of poos,soo he is pooing!
rachael88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2008, 10:44 PM
hay Shona,

He has seemed himself lately, still a wee nuisence
Was Pooing fine this morning, drinking the same and he ate his breakfast (inc worming tablets) and then was sick at 5ish, looked like it was mostly his dry kibble, he ate a bit of his dinner at aroun 620 then was sick again at 9ish, but that one was more watery???
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 10:44 PM
you cant really tell a dogs temp from its ears, you really need to take it from the butt..lol

do you think it could be the fire works winding him up a bit today? a few dogs on the forum will have been sick today, it can be a sign of stress
if hes pooing ok.. I would leave him untill tomorow.. if hes sick again, then you could give the vet a call.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by rachael88 View Post
hay Shona,

He has seemed himself lately, still a wee nuisence
Was Pooing fine this morning, drinking the same and he ate his breakfast (inc worming tablets) and then was sick at 5ish, looked like it was mostly his dry kibble, he ate a bit of his dinner at aroun 620 then was sick again at 9ish, but that one was more watery???
could it be the worming tabs?.. has he brought up anything that looks like worms? or has anything came out the other end looking wormy?

what kind of tabs did he have
rachael88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2008, 11:02 PM
i dont think it was fireworks most of night he was in livin room with me n he couldnt really hear them over the tv.
let him out for pee n he barked at them n wagged his tail!!!
may be worming tabs,they were johnsons one dose easy wormer, but he has had them before!!nothing looked wormy in his sik or poo.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 11:06 PM
i dont think it was fireworks most of night he was in livin room with me n he couldnt really hear them over the tv.
let him out for pee n he barked at them n wagged his tail!!!
may be worming tabs,they were johnsons one dose easy wormer, but he has had them before!!nothing looked wormy in his sik or poo.

yup could be the wormer.. shop bought ones aint great.. your really better off getting something from the vet.. they tend to work far better too,.
if hes sick again in the morning... give your vet a quick call.

hope the wee mans ok
rachael88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2008, 11:12 PM
ryt ok no problem!thank yoo for the advice,was a little worried.will he need rewormed???

looking forward 2 the class on monday!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2008, 11:26 PM
ryt ok no problem!thank yoo for the advice,was a little worried.will he need rewormed???

looking forward 2 the class on monday!!
I would leave it a few weeks then get something from the vet.. just let him know what you have gave him before, he will tell you if its ok to re-worm him, but im guessing as hes been really sick, then the wormer may not have done any good.

didnt he do well on Monday... hes coming out of his shell really well, rottwieler therapy could take on dont you think?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >