View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 09:28 PM

outward hound dog hiking bag... best things ive bought!

well i ordered a dog hiking bag off canine concepts last week and it came a couple of days ago. got to say im really glad i bought it and it would have come in handy last summer!

it has 2 water bottles, one for me and one for indie, a water bowl that folds away. It has space to carry treats, toys, spare leads, keys, phone, wallet, poo bags, everything. found it really comfortable with an adjustable strap round the waist. i even bought a first aid kit off there for about £8 or somethin and it fits into the bag too.

would recommend it to anyone, really useful especially on long walks in this hot weather! and u barely notice it round ur waist. we took indie to the pub today, which is about a 25min walk from my house, it was so hot today and found this bag really handy.

http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/item...ing-Bag--fanny
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 09:34 PM
wow now that is a nice hiking bag will have to get me one of them
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Glad you are pleased with you and Indies new bag

I like the ones that they make where the dogs carry them, so that the dogs could carry their own stuff and I don't have too...lol
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 09:42 PM
ha, yeh.
they do lots of different sizes and types. found it really handy to carry all the things i couldnt before, esp water and first aid, oh and a spare lead for when one breaks or if u find a stray dog.

dont think my OH will be using it tho! he thinks he'll look silly
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Looks great I got the outward bound bag for Finn's extendable lead and its brilliant, it holds loads of things too.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Glad you are pleased with you and Indies new bag

I like the ones that they make where the dogs carry them, so that the dogs could carry their own stuff and I don't have too...lol
just had a look on the site mys and there is one on for £24.99, I think they are an excellent idea for when my girls start their travels to Bristol via the train, much better than me juggling with 2 dogs and a M&S bag with their bits in, plus my handbag etc. Won't get one yet but would appreciate knowing what size you get for your crew as it will probably be the same size for my 2 when they are big(ger) girls.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 06:52 AM
if u type in outward hound into yahoo theres some other sites that sell different ones. i think petplanet does some too
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 09:01 AM
That's lovely and very usefull I shall go and have a little browse on the link very soon
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 10:21 AM
i got a similar thing last year...really useful, but the water bottles can be heavy and a bit of a pain!!!! wouldn't be without it tho'!
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 10:35 AM
lol, I like my new find too, although I don't have a photo... will make one soon!

It's a rucksack (much like saddle bags) that the dogs can carry themselves. They can each take their own water, and my lunch too! (the problem is you have to make each side roughly the same weight) Will be great for climbing those hills! My older dogs don't seem to mind it on them, (i think its cos i make them wear reflective warm coats in the winter) but my 6 month old kind of wriggled a bit when i put it on her. She won't get to wear if for real for another year though, as I would only use this on adult (bones fully developed) dogs. So I will have to carry her water meantime, which sucks as she is the big drinker!