Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I let nothing cloud my judgement, I can unfortunately see this from that of those whom have family killed and injured, and also from Mr Moats side but that certainly doesn't mean I condone his actions or agree with what he did, I've said that all along.

If you go a few pages back, I mentioned I've had a member of my family murdered I was 16 at the time, that member of my family was stabbed to death in front of their two oldest children by a gang of teenagers that should have known better, because they were teenagers the oldest one got sentenced to manslaughter and the others for for assisting and encouraging in my uncles stabbing which meant of course nothing more than slapped wrists for them all, they all walk around free now, whilst we all got a life sentence.

Speaking as someone who has had a member of their family tragically snatched away, yes you are damn well angry at the time & do struggle to come to terms with that loss and it takes a long, long time, here I am 20 years later still mourning that loss of life but at the stage where I am no longer angry, even going as far as forgiving the people responsible - because if you don't it eats away at you and completely destroys your life, which is what has happened to the two oldest sons who saw their father die, both are dependant on drugs (heroin) and have been in and out of prison since then for petty offences, I wasn't prepared to let that happen to me but it doesn't mean I don't miss or love the person that died, it just means I wasn't prepared to let what happened destroy and control my life - as explained above after those circumstances, you have two paths that can be taken, we have one life, it's not a dress rehersal.

No one can actually say what they think of the police until you need their help, but more times that most (as above) you are let down by them and the CPS. Murder is murder if you take anothers life, life should mean life, even if they are teenagers.

I've never said Mr Moat was a good man or a hero as he wasn't, but I do honestly believe he was disturbed in some way I can't see what is wrong with that as I honestly believe that to be the case of those people who stabbed my uncle to death because it isn't normal is it? We don't all suddenly wake up one morning and decide to go shooting at someone or stab someone to death - if you do, your not in the right state of mind and need help.

I don't believe everything I read in the papers, as we all know they thrive on destroying lives further and live for sensationalism - it's how they happen to sell the damn things which belong in the bin.

Sorry Nic, but you are not the only one who has lost friends and family at the hands of others, it happens to thousands of peopel every day, we as a family have been at the receiving ends too, but my blame goes purely on the culprits that committed the crimes, I dont look for reasons and blame the system, people have to take responsiblity for their actions, its easy to blame other s

Neither do I believe that those who stabbed uncle have to be mentally ill.

Sadly in today's society we have a generation that is born from a generation of people who have no morality, they have no boundaries set in their lives and have little regard for their own lives, let alone others.. they are born of an aspect of society that fear no consequences, thats may not be what we consider to be "normal" but it is NOT a result of mental illness.

Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I've bolded ''hence the warning from prison staff'' just to highlight a few things, that warning may have been given but what was done about it ? Nothing, just simply left for someone else to pass the book, had something been done, Chris Brown could have quite possibly still been alive to tell the tale and Sam Stobbart may not have been injured along with PC Rathband - those threats, may have not been taken seriously enough, may have been like too much paperwork, or the warnings from other inmates to Prison Staff were not believed.

He could have been detained there further for ''Making threats to kill/Injure Harm someone''. http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content...&filesize=2228

That is a crime in itself, he because of that could of had extra days, weeks, months added to that sentence, they are called '''Adjudication Hearings''' he could have got a maximum of 42 days added to that sentence for each finding of guilt, anything over that it would have had to go to an outside court hearing - but still, the failings are there.

As to regards the public fan pages webpages, I cannot mourn for someone I did not know.
But, whether we like it or not Mr Moat had family and friends who did love him whom have a right to mourn his loss whether we view that sick or wrong is either here nor there, love cannot be turned off, love sees beyond flaws, mistakes, weaknesses and poor judgements, we all have faults, we aren't all perfect and whatever we do in life there are always going to be people left behind that miss us, despite what we do or may have done.

I agree Nic, Moats family has a right to morn their loss, a mother has lost a son, (although from the reports she does not seem to bothered) but regards the tributes on FB, what is it a few thousand now, and from what is written almost all of them dont know him you think thats OK, for him to be hailed a hero by the dregs of society !!!

Surely Nic, if Moats threats where born out of mental illness, the prison service would have deemed him "mentally unsafe and committed him to the psychiatric unit, but as far as I am aware, you cant lock people up for issuing threats.

Sorry Nic, you may feel Moat was wrong in his actions, but your posts sadly are coming across with an justification for his actions.

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yet they did NOTHING to help during the time he was evading capture, terrorising people, KILLING people, breaking into peoples homes. They did NOTHING to warn Police of his intentions, (except his uncle who was useless and his mother who wanted him dead) NOTHING to highlight the risk he posed BEFORE leaving prison, and NOTHING to help UNTIL he was captured, yeah, they can have THEIR bit of fame now, just a shame the poor families of the man he killed cant even have their son to love anymore.

I cannot believe any clear thinking person can have any sympathy for a monster like that, he deserves nothing more than he got.
Nor me, I am really disturbed by the amount of justifaction that is being given for his actions, here and around the net.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

Nor me, I am really disturbed by the amount of justifaction that is being given for his actions, here and around the net.

Me too, but then Peter Sutcliffe has quite a following too. I think some people have their own agenda and this case is being used to air their unrelated grievances with the system. I am sure that in the final analysis there will be things that the police could have done better or differently. But that doesn't change the fact that Moat's life was going down the pan and he wanted to settle some scores before he topped himself.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Seems Moat did Infact ask for help back In 09 and knew himself he was going over the 'edge'. But then when offered help he didnt turn up!

http://www.itv.com/news/exclusive-moat-tapes24588/

In this video, He acts a victim I think he did need help, but If he didnt turn up when the help was offered there Is nothing anyone could do, right?

I also watched the clip from the cop that was shot, and that broke my heart The last thing he was that vile man, he wont ever see what his kids look like now and cant watch them grow.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...aoul-Moat.html

Such a waste of life for a true brave man! One that wanted to help real victims, and catch real criminals. Where Is his support? ohh yeah he didnt kill anyone, run from the police, hurt strangers, scare a country or infact kill an innocent person so doesnt freaking deserve it! Makes my blood boil, turns my stomach and makes me mad that humans could be so cold hearted.

Its very worrying/shocking/sick and hundred other words to know the support Moat Is still receiving I mean seriously, what Is wrong with some people.
Like I have said before imo If he was so brave he would still be hear now, owning up to the cowardly things he done, and giving some sort of reasoning to it.

There Is something like 35,000 members now part of the 'support of Moat' groups!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

15-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Seems Moat did Infact ask for help back In 09 and knew himself he was going over the 'edge'. But then when offered help he didnt turn up!

http://www.itv.com/news/exclusive-moat-tapes24588/

In this video, He acts a victim I think he did need help, but If he didnt turn up when the help was offered there Is nothing anyone could do, right?

I also watched the clip from the cop that was shot, and that broke my heart The last thing he was that vile man, he wont ever see what his kids look like now and cant watch them grow.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...aoul-Moat.html

Such a waste of life for a true brave man! One that wanted to help real victims, and catch real criminals. Where Is his support? ohh yeah he didnt kill anyone, run from the police, hurt strangers, scare a country or infact kill an innocent person so doesnt freaking deserve it! Makes my blood boil, turns my stomach and makes me mad that humans could be so cold hearted.

Its very worrying/shocking/sick and hundred other words to know the support Moat Is still receiving I mean seriously, what Is wrong with some people.
Like I have said before imo If he was so brave he would still be hear now, owning up to the cowardly things he done, and giving some sort of reasoning to it.

There Is something like 35,000 members now part of the 'support of Moat' groups! :shock
:
I read an article in one of the daily papers yesterday and for me it really hi the nail on the head as to why we are seeing such a support for this vile man.

We have an element of society today that is described as "the underclass" (not a nice term, I know), but its seems they are a element that are born out of a generation of people who feel they are victims, the worlds against them, they have never worked a days work in their lives, they have no respect,no morals, and no fear of consequences, they hate the police / and society is against them. you see them on Jeremy Kyle every day of the week!

We are now on a second generation of such folk, and for some bizarre reason they seem to be empathising with the "victim" in Moat, he was a victim of society (self imposed) and so are they, all brothers together , fight the police and bring them down!

The fact he has took 3 victims one fatally seems to have gone over their heads, because "victims " in society only see what they want too, and this is given them something to hero worship..."they wish he had taken out more police"! I read this morning

The man was a victim of his own making, I have no time for excuses as to why he did what he did, and feel utter revulsion towards anyone who posts praise for this man.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-07-2010, 08:30 AM
im surprised how ive heard nothing but moat this and moat all bloody week yet only heard yesterday....after 1 week...the officer he shot was shot in the face and may lose both eyesight

now, how come that only whispered it way to the top of the bulletins so late in the day whilst all this shouty moat stuff has being going on.

the bloke was a crim...the police may have made a few errors, but its no chest beating issue, he's dead now....

.....so can the news shut up now and ignore a bunch of [a social network] jeremy kyle pond life.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

15-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
im surprised how ive heard nothing but moat this and moat all bloody week yet only heard yesterday....after 1 week...the officer he shot was shot in the face and may lose both eyesight now, how come that only whispered it way to the top of the bulletins so late in the day whilst all this shouty moat stuff has being going on.

the bloke was a crim...the police may have made a few errors, but its no chest beating issue, he's dead now....

.....so can the news shut up now and ignore a bunch of [System edit: Contains pet groups] jeremy kyle pond life.
Last evening news report , the policeman was on giving his story, he has lost the sight in both eyes, a very brave man, and he condemmed ALL who have given Moat support, ,
budskipup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-07-2010, 09:15 AM
well, while the papers are full of moat ,I've seen less of jordan, kerry etc, and I wonder how much his brother and ex's were paid by the papers !
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 09:45 AM
I have listened to the tapes that the TV company have from this person. They have also been listened to by a expert in criminal pyschology & I have to totally agree with the expert. This murderer was manipulating the system to justify what he was planning to do, to ask for help & not bother to turn up says it all.

To those on here who apparently hate the police for whatever reason, no one can justify the murder & attempted murder of another human being. You can now think you have the justification for him shooting the nasty-now blind-policeman after all he had been arrested by the evil policeman so why shouldn't he kill him, after all aren't all police evil & vengeful & target only the innocent mentally ill people ??

Sorry but I know an awful lot of coppers from Chief Constables to beat bobbies & yes there are some not so good ones, but by far the majority are simply like everyone else normal human beings & have chosen to be a police officer as a job.

To even try to justify & excuse this person's actions by claiming he was mentally ill, affected by his upbringing, his use of drugs etc etc is a load of old male cow manure. Only one person is to blame & he is now dead by his own hand.

So much emphasis is being put on justifying the events by people-rubbish-the man was a thug, a career criminal, a drug user, a bully & yes a cold blooded premediated killer-even if he had been kept in for the full length of his sentence he would no doubt have still done the same & with less police involvement may have killed more that the one person he did
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Absolutely I heard the criminal Psychologist too. Moat was clearly, even to me, to be justifying his actions and hoping it would excuse his behaviour pretending to ask for help. This was further confirmed when it was stated he DID get the appointment with the Psychiatrist and he failed to go!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Moat really was the ultimate attention seeker and wasn't he good at it? Look at the results!
Page 22 of 23 « First < 12 19 20 21 22 23 >