Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Beautiful photoa
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Becky is desperate for a pony. She started riding the day before her 7th birthday....I delayed for ages, she is so small for her age her legs only just gripped even then.....I am hesitant about doing a loan or anything partly bcause of finances but also I am not a rider myself and am not confident around ponies. I would hate not to be able to look after it properly.I do feel bad though! She is so keen, it is all she wants to do........she has even started saving up herself for one! Every month her pony magazine arrives I find ponies circled in the for sale section!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Rachel to be honest they are pretty easy to do..Most hardy ponies look after themselves..

Tink is out all year..with rugs, she's not fed hard feed but lives on grass and hay in the winter..(she sometimes gets a handful of chaff and mix after she's done work in the winter but thats very few and far between).
Her feet are trimmed every 12wks at a cost of £20ish sometimes she doesn't need it..

Tink is a dream pony..we bought her as a just backed 3yr old for £750 with new tack that the owner bought just for CJ!..she was backed in the September (but her rider was a 22yr old showjumper so not ideal long term LOL) They long reined her and taught her basic aids..
We got her in the February and have done a lot of work with her..she is 96% bombproof..pretty unflappable..she hacks out alone or in company and will go first or last but loves to keep up, done common ride with 100's of others and wasn't too fizzy..good with vets, farriers, other horses..I could sell her tomorrow for 3 or 4 times what I bought her for but I won't lol

If you were closer I wouldn't hesitate to let you share Tink..

If you did buy a pony for her and were on a livery yard there are always people willing to help..(always people sticking their noses in too!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 06:59 PM
great pics, I really love pics 3,4, 10, 11 and 14 in the first lot
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2