Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2015, 05:33 AM

Good morning Dogsey Daily thread Wednesday

Well, up and walking! After yesterday a miracle! Hope everyone is well rested etc,. The talk last night re hay fever reminded me of something at the market yesterday. One of my mot embarrassing moments! Two old ladies were making their way over the kerb to the stall.. Beautifully dressed and coiffed. The older ... what I can only call a streamer descending slowly from her nose! My first thought was I DON'T WANT THAT ON MY KNITTEDS! I had grabbed a roll of kitchen towel on my way out of the house as I was sneezing so I pulled a couple of sheets off, trying to think what to say when they reached the table without humiliating them...When they saw the paper reached out they both grabbed it as a drowning man grabs a life belt! Both had been struck with hay fever, were unprepared and were on their way to the pharmacy for help! So you never know when a simple sheet of kitchen towel can save a situation!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2015, 06:17 AM
Morning Rose and all who follow.

Up at 6.30 not pulled curtains back or pulled up blinds but looks sunny from what I can see through the cracks.
Just the usual here today tidying may pop out for a few bits later if I haven't fallen asleep on the sofa after my early start.
An old friend from Fennells posted some pictures on you know where of her walk that was outside my door last night it was a beautiful evening there. Always unsettles me and makes me feel homesick.
Also learnt one of the old dogs Ben who use to play with our Max who we lost in 2002 passed recently he was a good age and Pat rescued him as a youngster a lovely little lurcher type.

Mandy thank you for the money savings expert link and advice. Gorden visited there at the weekend.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2015, 06:21 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Rose and all who follow.

Up at 6.30 not pulled curtains back or pulled up blinds but looks sunny from what I can see through the cracks.
Just the usual here today tidying may pop out for a few bits later if I haven't fallen asleep on the sofa after my early start.
An old friend from Fennells posted some pictures on you know where of her walk tht was outside my door last night it was a beautiful evening there. Always unsettles me and makes me feel homesick.
Also learnt one of the old dogs Ben who use to play with our Max who we lost in 2002 passed recently he was a good age and Pat rescued him as a youngster a lovely little lurcher type.

Mandy thank you for the money savings expert link and advice. Gorden visited there at the weekend.
Looking back is often hard... I have had ten moves in 12 years and the things i most regret are my gardens. Flowers i have planted, bushes and trees.. When the issues with the landlord came up here that was my first thought.. MY PLANTS.. I had a huge Oriental Poppy in one place and last week saw some in a garden and could have wept! Glad you got sun there; foggy dew here.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2015, 06:29 AM
How are things with the landlord Rose ? Any more news or is he keeping quiet and given up on the idea hopefully.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2015, 06:39 AM
Morning Rose and Lynn and all who follow. It is always the gardens you miss most I think when you move. I have given Amber some more antihistamine this morning as it certainly helped last night.

Steve has gone fishing so will have to call a cab to take me down to the Retinal Eye Scan clinic this morning. I could go by bus but it is a fair walk from the nearest bus stop and will only cost about a fiver for the taxi. I shall need one back again after. You cannot drive after having the drops in your eyes.

Lynn, I hope you hear from the Bank today, not very good service is it.

Have a good day all, God bless.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2015, 07:03 AM
Rose, I have searched my little black book for your address and I cannot find it anywhere so can you send it to me again. Thanks.

Lynn, it is sad when you learn of dogs who you have known and loved move on. I had to stop Amber from getting too near Dougie from upstairs. I am not sure really what he is small and curly like a westie only black, not an Aberdeen Terrier though. She has him shaved regularly. Noisy little bgr but really in love with Amber. Lol.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2015, 07:03 AM
Morning all, another fab day....will it last?
Taking Brian to the hosp today for his biopsy results. Fingers crossed everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2015, 07:13 AM
Good Luck Jenny, hope it goes well. Take care both of you. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2015, 07:19 AM
Good luck Nippy Jen and Brian.
Morning Moyra good luck at the eye scan.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Morning all. Good Luck Nippy and Brian, Hope Barry is ok Sue and you. Moyra hope your eye scan goes well. Pleased that you are feeling better this morning Rosebud. Itchy eyes today so off to use the Euphrasia that has been diluting in an egg cup. Nice out today, sunny and warm. Emails not working yet again. Grr!! good job I have others I can use. But a pain all the same. Have a good day all.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »