Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 08:04 PM

Why Am I Always So Damn Cold???

I've got the thermostat set at 21c, have a big woolly fleece on and have the laptop on my knee, yet I'm sat here with cold hands and feet and goosebumps!

What it must be to be warmblooded!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I hope you're not sickening for something
We haven't got our heating on yet, but I am down south!
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Good socks is what you need

My OH laughs at me cos I go on about socks being the most important item in the winter!!!
Good thick thermal ones is what you need to keep you warm hahaha
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 08:12 PM
The other morning at 11 I was sat in bed, duvet over me, jumper on, wooly hat AND gloves on typing away on Dogsey
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Sounds like you need one of those JML "snug" things, plus a pair of gloves and a footwarmer!

Got the heating on low, it just takes that chill off, although it's not too cold down Sarf, still around 10 deg overnight.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Oh yes socks, very important

Matalan sell socks with a tog rating like on duvets. I haven't tried them but I bought my DiL some because she works for a frozen food firm.

Lidl sell long ladies socks that are fleecy inside. I have got 2 pairs of them, they are fabulous.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I hope you're not sickening for something
We haven't got our heating on yet, but I am down south!
Nah I've been like this my whole life, I often have to take a bath mid day during the winter just to try and get warm.

Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
Good socks is what you need

My OH laughs at me cos I go on about socks being the most important item in the winter!!!
Good thick thermal ones is what you need to keep you warm hahaha
It's weird cos I can be freezing all afternoon/evening then all of a sudden about halfway through the night my feet will get lovely and toasty. I'd love to know what causes it?!

Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
The other morning at 11 I was sat in bed, duvet over me, jumper on, wooly hat AND gloves on typing away on Dogsey
Sounds familiar, the only time I'm warm during the winter is when I'm in bed or in the bath!

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Sounds like you need one of those JML "snug" things, plus a pair of gloves and a footwarmer!

Got the heating on low, it just takes that chill off, although it's not too cold down Sarf, still around 10 deg overnight.
Do you know I was considering one of those snuggie things the other night, but at the age of 32 I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet!

My heating's on, but the boiler isn't firing very often so it's obviously quite warm out. I'm just permanently cold! Think I might have to go and get my PJs, woolly socks and fleece dressing gown on!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh yes socks, very important

Matalan sell socks with a tog rating like on duvets. I haven't tried them but I bought my DiL some because she works for a frozen food firm.

Lidl sell long ladies socks that are fleecy inside. I have got 2 pairs of them, they are fabulous.
Ooh tog rated socks, I like the sound of that. Might have to have a look for those!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Nah I've been like this my whole life, I often have to take a bath mid day during the winter just to try and get warm.

It's weird cos I can be freezing all afternoon/evening then all of a sudden about halfway through the night my feet will get lovely and toasty. I'd love to know what causes it?!

Sounds familiar, the only time I'm warm during the winter is when I'm in bed or in the bath!

Do you know I was considering one of those snuggie things the other night, but at the age of 32 I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet!

My heating's on, but the boiler isn't firing very often so it's obviously quite warm out. I'm just permanently cold! Think I might have to go and get my PJs, woolly socks and fleece dressing gown on!
You mean you're not in all that yet???? No wonder you're cold then!!! I'm in mine by 5pm, that's why I love winter so much, when it's dark, as soon as it's dark, you get into your jim jams don'tcha!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Im the same
Had the heating on for a few months now!
OH is always in shorts and t-shirt, and asks to put the fan on!
I sit with heating on and a blanket wrapped round me, cuddling all the animals lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >