View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
-GreyhoundGirl-
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2007, 09:38 PM
I sometimes feel the same way, but don't want to veer threads off topic by saying "what's this" "what's that"... But then again, I probably bother some people that way too... Just recentally someone asked what the AAC is... (That's the agility association of Canada btw...)
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Like here they have to have 2 "majors" and single points of a total of 15 points. ( breathe-) soooo that means if a dog takes the top 3 spots, and there were enough dogs, to make a major.. So- to get a major is like a "CC"???
Well that was the case up until this year, a Green star carrying a certain minimum number of points (based on dogs in the ring on the day) was a major which was equivalent to a CC, which is why my young dog had to go in with the big boys at Crufts this year You needed 40 points to make a Champion of which at least 20 had to be from Majors, which in my breed were 5 or 10 points. However, now Ireland no longer has Majors or points attributed to Green Stars, nobody really knows what is equivalent to a CC now, so none of us know how to qualify for Crufts from an IKC show for 2009 unless we have made our dogs up by then
CCs don't need a minimum number of dogs in the ring as far as I know but my breed is numerically large in the UK.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 12:34 PM
We also have different grades of show here in the UK so all that has been said referes to Championship shows, we also have open shows where the dogs, even champions in the open class, can compete. We still have best of breeds, reserve best of breeds & sometimes best opposite sex or best dog & best bitch but at an open show the winner does not get a CC.
Also some Championship shows only have CCs for certain breeds & may put on classes for other breeds where there is no CC on offer.
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post
You got it! :smt023

Dawn R.
WHEW! Lol - thank you all! Now if you do not mind my " occasional 'stupid' questions", maybe I can get a handle on this.. lol..
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I didnt understand the green stars and I'm even more lost with the new rules
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 08:16 PM
ok i speak the same language as everyone else here but im am completely lost on this!!! good job i dont show dogs!!!

Alex
xx
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
ok i speak the same language as everyone else here but im am completely lost on this!!! good job i dont show dogs!!!

Alex
xx

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043

It's more than a little confusing I agree.

Dawn R.
-GreyhoundGirl-
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Oh, and Michelle, don't feel stupid for one minute... Just imagine what I'd be like thrown into an english-only speaking community. That'll make you feel smarter... lmao!

Alex... hehehe glad I'm not the only one who noticed
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 11:53 PM
I know how you all feel got my first show dog 5 years ago and had little or know help everyone assumes that you understand the show "lingo" I spent many hours on the web searching so i didnt look an idiot in front of the judges/ breeders. Just wish I'd found Dogsey earlier as I've found everyone on here so helpful
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-06-2007, 12:01 AM
This explains the showing system here in the UK..

http://www.dogsey.com/dog-articles.php?t=13537
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >