Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Thank you.

I am sure we all agree that what was shown in the video was sickening and unacceptable.

However I would like these sort of posts to be focusd on the BEHAVIOUR by the INDIVIDUALS witnessed rather than using it as stick to beat a particular breed/group/discipline with.

It is not necessary, is not true and is unfair.

Cheers
Well sadly we don`t always get what we like, and we don`t all have to agree with your point of view, you are unlikely to get what you want.

Unfair or not, its my prerogative to voice what I see , and what I see is this particular sport seems to attract a "type" , more than others do....
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Yes that clip in no way is showing that one sport in a bad light
It is unfortunatly all across the board in interacting with dogs
Some gundog trainers use lots of corrections - prong collars, forced holds and stuff
I know I have had some agility people removed from shows - and I dread to think what goes on behind closed doors if they abuse their dogs in public
general members of the public abuse their dogs also
unfortunalty it happens all across the board

Way too many people still think dogs need their spirits broken and shown who is the boss - and often that is done agressivly

Excellent post
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-09-2012, 03:21 PM
[

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I

Who knows maybe I will start writing posts on the how all the Boxers I meet are so out of control, have poor temperaments, suffer from heart problems and fall over in the hot weather which must mean that this breed attracts a lot of idiots.
You are welcome to make any observation you like, I wont call you a bigot for it
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Absolutely!!! I'm sure we all agree that it's no way to teach a dog and the video was disgusting.

There is good and bad in all disciplines and in all areas of animal husbandry.
Very good post.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I think things like this

are helping people believe that they are doing the right thing
if lip licking is the dog telling you you are boss and they are ready to work
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2012, 03:47 PM
I weep for my poor breed ......shame on those who would take an intelligent highly sensitive and intensely loyal SHEPHERD dog and try and turn it into some kind of weapon .....is it not about time that bite work was banned as part of the Shutzhund 'sport' ? - it seems to push the 'macho' image that attracts bullies like this .... ..and yes Smokey I do know that abuse happens sadly in other dog activities but I've yet to see it glorified in the way that it seems to be in sports which include bite work - the stick seems to be an integral part of this 'sport' - I hav'nt yet seen a clip where the dog is not threatened with it or actually hit whilst biting the sleeve - how can this be acceptable ? and it's no wonder then that the stick is then used as a training aid too !.

Malinois should NO different to the other varieties of BSD and it truly breaks my heart to see what is happening ....use them as agility, obedience, working trials , therapy dogs SAR, HWTM or any other of the myriad other dog activities my wonderful breed can do - but for pity's sake don't try and turn them into 'Maligators' in order to boost s their owners macho image

Just totally heart breaking
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 03:49 PM
What the F?!?! He needs to have the cr** beaten out of him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by bijou View Post
I weep for my poor breed ......shame on those who would take an intelligent highly sensitive and intensely loyal SHEPHERD dog and try and turn it into some kind of weapon .....is it not about time that bite work was banned as part of the Shutzhund 'sport' ? - it seems to push the 'macho' image that attracts bullies like this .... ..and yes Smokey I do know that abuse happens sadly in other dog activities but I've yet to see it glorified in the way that it seems to be in sports which include bite work - the stick seems to be an integral part of this 'sport' - I hav'nt yet seen a clip where the dog is not threatened with it or actually hit whilst biting the sleeve - how can this be acceptable ? and it's no wonder then that the stick is then used as a training aid too !.

Malinois should NO different to the other varieties of BSD and it truly breaks my heart to see what is happening ....use them as agility, obedience, working trials , therapy dogs SAR, HWTM or any other of the myriad other dog activities my wonderful breed can do - but for pity's sake don't try and turn them into 'Maligators' in order to boost s their owners macho image

Good post.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I.....is it not about time that bite work was banned as part of the Shutzhund 'sport' ? - it seems to push the 'macho' image that attracts bullies like this .... ..and yes Smokey I do know that abuse happens sadly in other dog activities but I've yet to see it glorified in the way that it seems to be in sports which include bite work - the stick seems to be an integral part of this 'sport' - I hav'nt yet seen a clip where the dog is not threatened with it or actually hit whilst biting the sleeve - how can this be acceptable ? and it's no wonder then that the stick is then used as a training aid too !.

To begin with, there would be no point in banning bite work as part of Schutzhund as the word means Protection Dog and bitework is an integral part of the sport.

Secondly there is a vast difference between the bouncy rubber stick used to mimic an attack on a handler and a hard one used for abuse.

Thirdly Working Trials also includes a bitework stake, PD so would you like that banned too?

I am afraid dog abuse is NOT glorified in Schutzhund, quite the reverse.

Fourthly would you like all BSD to be removed from MoD and police work as well as they too must glorify dog abuse since they use them as GP dogs?

Presumably we should ban the use of police dogs too?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-09-2012, 03:57 PM

Good post , and completey agree.

I can feel your pain that such a lovley breed is being turned into extension of a persons manhood.
Page 5 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »