Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
border pop
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2011, 09:46 PM

Rescue dog being offered for stud

mooching round the various puppy sale adds on the net (not thinking of buying a puppy off the internet of course!) i came across a dog I know was taken in as a rescue, being offered out at stud! I can only assume that the dog was a re-home rather than from rescue as I would imagine dogs coming through rescue would be on spay/neuter contracts with papers withheld. What goes through peoples heads? (other than pound signs that is )
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Our first dog came from a rescue un-neutered. We had to promise to get him snipped but no one has ever checked up on that to enforce it. Would have been very easy to not do and make many many small Laytons (terrifying thought).
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 07:33 AM
THere have some very successful show dogs who appeared in the breeding pool after being rehomed; what is wrong with that?

If the quality of the dog is there, why should this not occur?

Especially when there are such POOR specimens being used for breeding which have never appeared in rescue/rehoming.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
THere have some very successful show dogs who appeared in the breeding pool after being rehomed; what is wrong with that?

If the quality of the dog is there, why should this not occur?

Especially when there are such POOR specimens being used for breeding which have never appeared in rescue/rehoming.
Presumably those dogs have been rehomed with papers through breed clubs

I think what OP is trying to say is that a dog from *a Pound, Private Rescue or Breed rescue has been advertised for breeding without papers. This is someone who is not only abusing the system of rescue but also the dog itself. There could be no other motive than to make a quick ££. *Otherwise they would have gone out & purchased a dog with papers

Unfortunately this sort of thing does go on.*

People will buy the pups as without papers, its cheaper. How often have you see adverts for pups that say - "no papers".

Or worse they tell buyer papers will follow & they never do
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Presumably those dogs have been rehomed with papers through breed clubs

I think what OP is trying to say is that a dog from *a Pound, Private Rescue or Breed rescue has been advertised for breeding without papers. This is someone who is not only abusing the system of rescue but also the dog itself. There could be no other motive than to make a quick ££. *Otherwise they would have gone out & purchased a dog with papers

Unfortunately this sort of thing does go on.*

People will buy the pups as without papers, its cheaper. How often have you see adverts for pups that say - "no papers".

Or worse they tell buyer papers will follow & they never do
Unfortunately there is not enough information in the original post to come to any conclusions about the advisability of this action hence my query.

I prefer to determine the facts rather than make assumptions or jump to conclusions.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Unfortunately there is not enough information in the original post to come to any conclusions about the advisability of this action hence my query.

I prefer to determine the facts rather than make assumptions or jump to conclusions.
Rather think that is what you did regarding the dogs. Being used for breeding & in the show ring - !!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 07:57 AM
????????????????????????????????????????????
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 08:06 AM
The dogs were rehomed with papers
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Yes they would have to be, but there is NO mention in the original post about whether the dog being offered at stud has papers or not, the OP is only IMAGINING and ASSUMING that if the dog came through rescue it would not have any.

Speaking as someone who actually assesses both dogs and homes for rescue I can say that in actual fact SOMETIMES dogs DO go with papers!

Hope that clarifies things for you.

I can only speak from personal experience and facts, not what might be happening in this particular case as we do not know if it went through a breed rescue or not, whether it went with papers or not!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Well actually so am I - as are a lot of folk on this forum, involved in rescue, assessing, hone checking & placement

Its rare we would give papers, in fact i have never known it to happen, they are kept with the rescue.

However having been involved in breed showing i know some dogs do change hands/rehomed etc at various times & papers exchange hands
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >