View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I thought you were asking for directions SLB but no you needn't bother about roads once you are in there. I don't think even the bird sanctuary need be a problem as you don't need to go up that far to have a good walk. There are birds on the reservoirs and the usual squirrels, foxes, etc. and woodland birds in the area, but the dogs can sniff explore and chase around in safety.
I won't come with you this time because the walk in would be enough for my pup at the moment. (I'm paranoid about large dogs and their puppy legs). She has been in, but can't get far enough yet to make it a proper walk, so I take her back and OH continues for the longer walk and gets back home across country (via a pub, of course).
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
I thought you were asking for directions SLB but no you needn't bother about roads once you are in there. I don't think even the bird sanctuary need be a problem as you don't need to go up that far to have a good walk. There are birds on the reservoirs and the usual squirrels, foxes, etc. and woodland birds in the area, but the dogs can sniff explore and chase around in safety.
I won't come with you this time because the walk in would be enough for my pup at the moment. (I'm paranoid about large dogs and their puppy legs). She has been in, but can't get far enough yet to make it a proper walk, so I take her back and OH continues for the longer walk and gets back home across country (via a pub, of course).
Well let the OH take her back this time, and you carry on the walk with us, simples
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Well let the OH take her back this time, and you carry on the walk with us, simples
OH doesn't drive Pilgrim
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Thats a shame
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 02:02 PM
I thought you were asking for directions SLB
No I rang my sister up as she lives in chesterfield and the Res is 10 minutes from her so if we get stumped for directions I can always ring her up.

It's good to know I can let him off then, he does that springer thing of following his nose and hunting so I just have to watch and when Leanne's around I get paranoid of how many times I'm shouting him LOL
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 02:03 PM
OH doesn't drive Pilgrim
OH could always sit in pub with puppy whilst you carry on with us
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
It's good to know I can let him off then, he does that springer thing of following his nose and hunting so I just have to watch and when Leanne's around I get paranoid of how many times I'm shouting him LOL
It's not THAT many times
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
It's not THAT many times
Hey - you've seen how crazy he is!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Katie and I visited Linacre today and had a lovely walk. We did a circular walk of 5 miles (well, we did more because the directions were awful, signage was awful and we kept getting lost!) if anybody is interested in doing that.

Terrain was quite steep in places, lots of little streams on the route for the dogs to have a drink and we only came through one field with cows in it which we had to circumnavigate!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Katie and I visited Linacre today and had a lovely walk. We did a circular walk of 5 miles (well, we did more because the directions were awful, signage was awful and we kept getting lost!) if anybody is interested in doing that.

Terrain was quite steep in places, lots of little streams on the route for the dogs to have a drink and we only came through one field with cows in it which we had to circumnavigate!
So it'll be alright for Louie then?

You could've told me you were meeting up with Katie - I could've cut the apple branches she wanted!
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »