Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-08-2010, 09:33 PM

Smiler, Staffie DOB, ?05 - Godalming, Surrey

Smiler, Staffie DOB, ?05 - Godalming, Surrey

Homing requirements: Smiler could be homed with another dog. He needs a family who can stand there for him as an older Staffie with all the Staffie prejudice you meet. He meets most dogs well outside, but can get flustered so confidence behind his lead keeps the boat steady. Not for small furries (Hamsters OK), small dogs or cats. Can be left, not an "off lead" dog as introductions need to be supervised, but he is good in the car.

His Story: Smiler was found stray together with a Staffie bitch. She was homed separately from the pound. We couldn't see him all alone in his kennel so squeezed him in! He is in fostered with a crossbreed pup. Smiler has been up for the play, be it ‘controlled'. Smiler came in neutered and chipped. He has begun vax.

Advert: Smiler will have you smiling. He has a certain twinkle in his eye as he follows you around, gainfully employs himself is any activity on offer or entertains himself with a ball or a toy. Chuckle you will and chuck his ball you will ... and he'll enjoy the chase and really relate to the fun aspect. Smiler meets dogs well with confidence behind him, but can get over excited by little dogs so he needs to be retained on a lead and introductions controlled through voice and brisk continuity of direction on his walk; then he refocuses on the blue horizon.

Smiler is an older Staffie who about 5 years old with a little greying on his muzzle. A smaller brindle Staffie who will bond in with his family deeply and they will delight in his little character. He loves his walks, but settles easily on return. He isn't food focused, but enjoys the drama of treats and takes them very gently. He loves cuddles and face washes in return if allowed. What more could you ask for!

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Smiler continues to be a very good boy! He can be left alone for a few hours without any problems. However, so far he has had always the company of anther canine friend and I think he enjoys this.

Friends...Smiler & Branston!

A little chew!

Where is Smilers forever home hiding ??
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Fingers xxxx that forever home is just round the corner x
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2010, 12:15 PM
smiler is gorgeous, look at those eyes wish we could have another. Good luck finding his home xxxxx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Some more pics of Smiler who is still waiting for a foster home or someone to adopt him:

Isn't he gorgeous?!! All he needs is a home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Smiler walked with Nellie [another RR rescue dog], he did his barking trick to remind us humans he wanted to lead and boy did he look smug each time he looked back at Nellie & his walker! LOL!

Smiler is currently in boarding kennels near Gatwick. Could you foster him until his forever home comes along?

If you are interested in adopting Smiler then please complete our homing questionnaire
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-12-2010, 10:47 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

“He wasn't on my list, but I got an unexpected extra hour out so I treated myself to a quick walk with one of my favourite boys.

He was perfectly behaved and sooooo easy to harness. The only point to mention was the number of times I managed to almost stand on him because he wanted to walk so perfectly to heel and I'm used to having dogs at the end of the lead ahead of me! He's such a good dog.

Those loving looks whilst you are out with him are hard to beat...

Smiler is currently in boarding kennels and he would really love some time in a foster home where he can warm his paws up! If you are able to foster him please get in touch.

If you are interested in re-homing Smiler please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle”.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-12-2010, 12:34 PM
GREAT NEWS!

Smiler has been offered a two week Christmas break in a foster home so that he can have a break from kennel life. He is packing his bag as I type and can’t wait! He is looking forward to some nice walks, a turkey dinner with all the trimmings and sitting by the fire dreaming about the forever home that must surely come his way soon?!! He hopes someone will spot him and offer him a home before he has to return to kennels after his break. Could you offer Smiler that dream home?

If you are interested in homing Smiler please complete our homing questionnaire online via our website so that we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-01-2011, 10:43 PM
A couple of pics of Smiler from our group walk down at the kennels between Christmas & New Year:

An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

"It was my lucky day as I got to walk the ever-gorgeous Smiler. There were lots of extremely deep puddles around which he wasn't too keen on but I think that was fair enough given they were almost as deep as his legs are long! We had a great walk and I made sure we stopped for plenty of Smiler cuddles along the way.....

Who could resist these gorgeous eyes?

Smiler is currently in boarding kennels and he would really love some time in a foster home where he can warm his paws up! If you are able to foster him please get in touch by completing our Fostering questionnaire via our website.

If you are interested in homing Smiler please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-02-2011, 09:11 PM
An update from Margaret, one of our volunteer walkers:

“Rowena walked Smiler today, new walker to him and I swear he took the responsibility of seeing her round safely upon himself. He walked so nicely and whenever I looked round he was looking up at Rowena checking all was OK. When they took the lead then he had to add looking round to check on Bruno and I too.

I don't understand why he's waiting so long for a home, a better behaved more loyal dog you'd be hard to find”.

Smiler is currently in boarding kennels and would really love a break and some TLC in a foster home until his forever home comes along. If you think you could foster Smiler then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in re-homing Smiler then please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >