View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-05-2009, 02:57 PM

Bruno, 19 month old Shepherd X Collie need home!

Bruno, 19 month old Shepherd X Collie need home!

His story: Owned by a young lad who loved, but had no time for him. His father resented his presence and became his main 'carer' / abuser. Bruno was restricted to the lad's bedroom, irregularly fed and subject to shouting and physical abuse, then dumped in the local pound. Bruno's history only came to light as his "Foster with a View to Homing" broke down. Apparent as displayed by his fear of men and lack of confidence on formal walks. Fostered since Aug 08 for healing, building confidence and skill base.

Salient points: Requires therapeutic family (dog experienced, sensitive) to continue skill foundation. Needs another confident dog as role model, secure garden/exit regime and low dog density exercise location. Could live with children. The man in his life would have to be committed, aware and a true dog lover. Inclusive family i.e. sleeps in bedroom.

Advert: Bruno is a beautiful Shepherd x Collie in his late teens - 19 months old. Bruno had a shocking start suffering abuse, inconsistent messages and neglect. Now behind him, he has learned what trust is; has built loving and stable relationships with his foster dad, mum and foster dog siblings. Bruno has been living with 3 large dogs and learned to trust the dynamics of a pack. Housetrained, 'treat' trained and respectful of boundaries. Bruno is a loving intimate dog who enjoys his cuddles and sits expectantly, climbing onto the sofa when invited. Bruno now shares attention, treats and space well with other dogs. He is good in the car and walks well around streets on a short lead. Outside in open spaces he can demonstrate concern with other dogs and so temporarily wears a muzzle to ensure contact can be maintained as he learns to trust and not to observe approaching dogs as a threat.

We are specific with the type of home we are seeking for Bruno. He requires at least one other low-maintenance, accomplished dog companion. Bruno also needs a dog sensitive male owner who can continue to develop the trust and heal his now out dated conceptions. He needs to be central and inclusive with the family, sleeping in the bedroom and secure with exits managed and garden fences in good repair and substantial. Patience, time and loving reassurance will enable Bruno to come further into himself as an emergent adult dog. Bruno has so much to offer in return. In the home he is a model dog who is subservient to other pack members, loving and caring towards his family members. He shares his space well and is very forgiving if put in his place by another. Loyal he is, affectionate he is and so, so worthy.

Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 04:08 PM
That brought a tear to my eye, what an absolutle gorgeous dog. I really really hope he finds his perfect home soon.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 04:43 PM
He looks lovely. I am sure he will find a great home soon.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Here is an update from Dee who has fostered Bruno for quite a while now ...

Bruno is such a lovely boy, but still needing a lot of help outside. Still needing his muzzle and for the first part of walk still far, far too excited to have any contact with other dogs.

He is very barky still at first, but I think this is more to do with the fact that he is just quite a vocal dog and when excited this is how he expresses himself. It can be a little overwhelming when outside and can make people a little wary.

He continues to improve though in every way. Now he will ignore dogs, deer or bikes if usually 20 yards away and after walking for a short time can be 10 yards, this is him on a trailing line with free access. And although he may sometimes throw a look towards them, he will easily come to voice.

Bruno is such a very loving dog and he does like to be around people all of the time. He sleeps up in the bedroom with us, gets on the bed for a short time, but feels the heat quite quickly so never over stays his welcome or cuddles. He would be happy just to be up in the bedroom though and not necessarily have to come onto the bed.

He has amazing ability to learn new tricks inside the house. John has got him doing touch, turns, spins, weaving through legs and all sorts and what he now really needs now is someone who can help him focus this way outside the home, where his attention is not quite as easy to keep on you. Although he does love the ball and will focus on the ball even if there are other dogs present.

An agility or flyball home would suit as he so has the speed and moves for both these activities and he just loves the training. Both the learning aspect (he is watching John all the time - what next, what next) and the good boy aspect.

He has improved so much with people coming to the house and his initial bark with strangers is now literally seconds and then he is fine and just wanting to be fussed.

There are still aspects of Bruno where you can still see the effects of his past life. I went to pick up a book recently and Bruno went straight over on his back weeing in the air. With John and men in general he has gone from strength to strength. So much more confident and all over John like a rash all the time (yes i know same as all the others and me!! LOL).

Bruno is such a special boy and really looking for that very special home where he is going to be adored. He does need other dogs I think to help keep his dog skills up. He is great with our dogs. Winston is not a big fan of Bruno, but Bruno doesn't hold it against him! If Winston tells him off 9 times out of 10 Bruno backs down, if he doesn't it is only noise and at first excuse all over. Bruno is a lot more trustworthy in this respect than Winston is! Missy and Bruno are great playmates. Bruno has even got Ricco playing with him. Sadly Winston often does an impression of play police and stops them otherwise I think Ricco and Bruno would play a lot more.

Very, very difficult to resist as he is just so loving and always up for a fuss or two!

He will indeed be sadly missed …….
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Bruno playing and having fun with his foster play mate:

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Bruno is attending training classes I believe and doing well. He is still in his foster home and looking for his forever home. Meanwhile, he is also 'fathering' 7 pups and they are his pride and joy. 'Mother hen' is the term that seems more approach to describe his care. The video with the 'children' is below!

I think they do have maternal hopes for poor Bruno.

Puppy racing - a new sport. Very cruel. Don't watch LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3AYP-g9Wqw
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Here are some beauiful new photos of Bruno. He has been sharing his home with 7 puppies and one in particular he is very maternal about ... Honey:

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Bruno now has his first certificate in basic training and obedience.

Alas he is still looking for his forever home!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww what fabulous pictures. He is a lovely lad, wishing you all the luck in the world getting him a home
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Have tears in my eyes and am thinking 'could I?' but know I am not the right home for him sadly... I will have my fingers crossed for him though, beautiful boy xx
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >