Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
yey! You`ve got the hormones and the grotty coat to come One of mine once tried to hurl herself out of an upstairs window after a passing poodle - so don`t underestimate her!
I only had the grotty coats AFTER the spey, one of them went almost bald with it falling out in handfulls, but then again, after that, she grew the longest, silkiest fur I have ever seen, so I live in hope!!!

Thanks VV, thought I was right, a long haul ahead then...... anyone got any jumbo packs of headache pills, or a long piece of thick rope maybe, or even a packet of razor blades????????
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Most bitches are interesting for 3 to 4 weeks but how the bitch behaves in this time varies tremendously from bitch to bitch, my current bitch is only a the desperate stage for about 4 days in the middle of her season, the rest of the time she will drive off any attention seekers. Now my bitch I had in the 80s/90s was a real huzzy & would stand from day 3 to about day 22.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Kismet was the desperate flirty type the whole way through pacing and howling in the garden alternating with carrying toys and crying through the house... It was awful.. I was originally going to wait until after the second season, but we barely survived the first!...

She chewed the bottom two inches off my Gate!

About two weeks AFTER her season ended a massive Red Pitbull (Irish Staffy) called Charlieboy turned up in the garden looking for her! Bless him, he was a sweetie and let me take him home with no fuss, but I was sooooo glad he hadn't come calling two weeks before. Now he knew where the house was, I decided to take no chances with a second season!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Most bitches are interesting for 3 to 4 weeks but how the bitch behaves in this time varies tremendously from bitch to bitch, my current bitch is only a the desperate stage for about 4 days in the middle of her season, the rest of the time she will drive off any attention seekers. Now my bitch I had in the 80s/90s was a real huzzy & would stand from day 3 to about day 22.
I think it will be the same here quite honestly Sue, coz this morning (and yesterday with that springer) she hasn't shown any interest in other dogs (not even poor old Georgie who I know she loves), and although she was on her long stretchy, she just trotted along by my side for the whole 2 miles, even though we passed that big group of dogs, she took no interest whatsoever even in the entire one that decided to hang back to investigate her until they called him on! I might be lucky, but I'm not risking anything with this little baby!

Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Kismet was the desperate flirty type the whole way through pacing and howling in the garden alternating with carrying toys and crying through the house... It was awful.. I was originally going to wait until after the second season, but we barely survived the first!...

She chewed the bottom two inches off my Gate!

About two weeks AFTER her season ended a massive Red Pitbull (Irish Staffy) called Charlieboy turned up in the garden looking for her! Bless him, he was a sweetie and let me take him home with no fuss, but I was sooooo glad he hadn't come calling two weeks before. Now he knew where the house was, I decided to take no chances with a second season!
Going on what my breeder has told me, she said it would be her 2nd season that she would be like your Kismet, so hopefully, I will breeze through this first one without any major probs. It's been so long since I've experienced this, which was with Cassie of course, my last one, but I'm sure even she was fine, she never went off and I would never have put HER on a lead I do know that! God how lucky were YOU with that Irish Staffy then!!!!! Maybe it's not Zena I've got to be worried about, but all the village hooligans hanging about at the driveway gates then - good job they're 6ft high!!!! Getting worried now.....
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 12:54 PM
ah - Zena will be a proper lady now!! Tilly just slept most of the day for the first week, then became grumpy on the
2nd when touched & then gagging for it & humping the teddybear!! and barking at anything going past. I did stupid o'clock on lead walks for 3 weeks, then back on the farm on lead on 4th week & tested the water with other dogs (as recommended by Hali) no interest was shown so back to normal now thank goodness!
She also stopped being naughty for the whole time! she's back to naughty now but not as much, she's defo more chilled out as well I can see a difference in her so am glad I let her have 1 season.
Good luck with Zena - I just did loads of training and stuff in the garden so she didn't get bored & she learnt to track which wears her out big time!!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Awwww, your baby is now a laydeeeeee! Bless!

I have one here the same, little Phoebe (8 months) and also Bambi. You can imagine the time I'm having with two boys in the house!!!!! Let's just say that sleep is minimal, as I'm having to quieten the boys down all the time. The night before last, I could hear all the dogs in the surrounding area, barking and howling all night. I bet their owners wonder what's up with them but I think they are wanting my girlies - oooooppppps!

My boys have been frantic to get to the girls for a week and a half now! Thank goodness it's the summer holidays, or I'd be getting up to do the school run like a Zombie!

I am walking my girls but obviously onlead and with the back-up of my Daughter, in case a male comes heading our way!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Awwww little Zena all growed up, you will need eyes in the back of your head xx

good luck mate xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
ah - Zena will be a proper lady now!! Tilly just slept most of the day for the first week, then became grumpy on the
2nd when touched & then gagging for it & humping the teddybear!! and barking at anything going past. I did stupid o'clock on lead walks for 3 weeks, then back on the farm on lead on 4th week & tested the water with other dogs (as recommended by Hali) no interest was shown so back to normal now thank goodness!
She also stopped being naughty for the whole time! she's back to naughty now but not as much, she's defo more chilled out as well I can see a difference in her so am glad I let her have 1 season.
Good luck with Zena - I just did loads of training and stuff in the garden so she didn't get bored & she learnt to track which wears her out big time!!
Oh that's a great help to me thanks Tillymint! I think I will be the same as Tilly with Zena from what I can tell so far (yeah, I know it's only the first day, but I've seen a difference in her already since the week-end when she was sooooo well behaved!!!!) She's already accepted that we didn't go out again 2nd time this morning, and she is quite sleepy for her, and dare I say it...... a bit on the quiet side Not seen that part of her before
I told the vet this morning when I popped in for some Rimadyl's which I don't need now, but she twisted her leg yesterday morning on our walk,but was then fine for the rest of the day, so I got them anyway for any future emergencies.

Oh my little girl is no longer a little girlie then She will always be that to me though, and these dogs never mature anyway, they usually stay quite bonkers up to about 8!

Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Awwww, your baby is now a laydeeeeee! Bless!

I have one here the same, little Phoebe (8 months) and also Bambi. You can imagine the time I'm having with two boys in the house!!!!! Let's just say that sleep is minimal, as I'm having to quieten the boys down all the time. The night before last, I could hear all the dogs in the surrounding area, barking and howling all night. I bet their owners wonder what's up with them but I think they are wanting my girlies - oooooppppps!
My boys have been frantic to get to the girls for a week and a half now! Thank goodness it's the summer holidays, or I'd be getting up to do the school run like a Zombie!

I am walking my girls but obviously onlead and with the back-up of my Daughter, in case a male comes heading our way!

CC, you must be going frantic there trying to keep that lot at bay!!! I'm glad I've only got Georgie and then he's been done anyway and too old to notice, or care for that matter, and anyway, I know he's gay from previous experience!

Oh dear, I do hope I don't have trouble overnight, coz Dave does the nightshift and he needs his sleep, and she's already taken to getting up on his single bed by 4.00 am. Initially, she just took up the bottom corner, then she tried the pillow so all 6ft2" of him had his feet hanging over the bottom and now she's decided it's nice to lie lengthways next to daddy with her head on the pillow next to his!!!! I wish she could get upstairs, but of course I won't let her climb stairs yet, having said that the leaps she does in the air I don't know why I'm bothering with that

Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Awwww little Zena all growed up, you will need eyes in the back of your head xx

good luck mate xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks mate, I've already got a pair of those..... somewhere!!!

Will people look upon me as bad if they see me out with her kind of thing? My friend was raging about this woman who had a young white gsd careering around the field the other morning and her dog was very interested in her and she just turned around and said "oh don't worry, it's coz she's in season" So my friend had a right go at her and said she ought to be at least on a lead!!!! Should I actually NOT be walking her at all then??? I could do that, but I'd rather not! xxxxx

Thanks all, looks like I'm in for some fun then for the next 3 weeks or more! I don't have to do silly o'clock coz quite honestly, I've so many places to go and Iknow where it'll be empty at 7am, especially during the hols, perfect! Just hope there's no loose dogs about though!!!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Here you go H, these might help

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 04:58 PM
TA!!!!! I've saved those just in case!!!! Lol at you VV!!!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >