View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 11:02 AM

Zena has come into Season today! Yayyyy!

I've been checking her bits each day, but nothing, and then yesterday, that little springer was showing a great interest in her rear end, even licking the ground where she had wee'd, so the lady kindly put him on his lead and I disappeared! There I was thinking it would be Georgie who would give me the sign, but he's only interested in his grub!

This morning I had a little spot of blood on her clean bed cover, so I wiped her bits and yayyyyyy, she's in season!!! My little puppy is maturing at last!

I kept her ONlead for the entire walk this morning,went out earlier and only met a couple of know who had 6 dogs, so I called out to them on our approach, made Zena sit at the side of the track, asked them if they had any entires with them, they said yes so we waited till they went past, all was fine! PHew! I don't normally see anyone up there if I go earlier than 7.30, so I'll have to watch that one.

I'm NOT letting her offlead coz my breeder said she WILL run off to find a mate, tcht, how could she even think of doing that and losing her best playmate, i.e. moi!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I've been checking her bits each day, but nothing, and then yesterday, that little springer was showing a great interest in her rear end, even licking the ground where she had wee'd, so the lady kindly put him on his lead and I disappeared! There I was thinking it would be Georgie who would give me the sign, but he's only interested in his grub!

This morning I had a little spot of blood on her clean bed cover, so I wiped her bits and yayyyyyy, she's in season!!! My little puppy is maturing at last!

I kept her ONlead for the entire walk this morning,went out earlier and only met a couple of know who had 6 dogs, so I called out to them on our approach, made Zena sit at the side of the track, asked them if they had any entires with them, they said yes so we waited till they went past, all was fine! PHew! I don't normally see anyone up there if I go earlier than 7.30, so I'll have to watch that one.

I'm NOT letting her offlead coz my breeder said she WILL run off to find a mate, tcht, how could she even think of doing that and losing her best playmate, i.e. moi!
Happy times ahead

Just be extra careful, do as you are doing walk with the larks, and dont let her off lead..

Re- George...bless him , hes an old man, the urge has gone
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Awwwww little "Crazy Ears" all growed up, Amy is in her last week and being a right little tart with it, poor ole D, he is really suffering at the moment, bless him!

Hope she's gets through it ok xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Can you remind me how long I've got of this please?? I think it's 3 weeks isn't it, and then still another week of keeping her safe I think??? OH dear, I'm gonna have one very hyper girl on my hands keeping her onlead, although having said that, she's just retired to her bed and is sleeping without her 2nd walk or playtime out in the garden, most strange for her, I might give her a bit of lunch before she zzz'ds off then.
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Aaaawwwww Bless, your little girl is now a lady . . . . x x x x x x x x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Very wise H - I could write a book about the problems we had with our two I wanted to have them speyed when they were 1.5 YO but for reasons I won't go into OH decided to wait until they were 2.5YO
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Funnilly enough, my breeder has told me to get her spayed after her 2nd season, not the first, because she said otherwise I will never get the "true" dog that she is supposed to be. I will probably wait and see how she is after her first season is well out of the way, and take it from there quite honestly, because I have a very big fear of pyo having had two bitches with it in succession! NOt good!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 11:42 AM
yey! You`ve got the hormones and the grotty coat to come One of mine once tried to hurl herself out of an upstairs window after a passing poodle - so don`t underestimate her!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Can you remind me how long I've got of this please?? I think it's 3 weeks isn't it, and then still another week of keeping her safe I think??? OH dear, I'm gonna have one very hyper girl on my hands keeping her onlead, although having said that, she's just retired to her bed and is sleeping without her 2nd walk or playtime out in the garden, most strange for her, I might give her a bit of lunch before she zzz'ds off then.
Yep you're right on the time H, 3 weeks generally but I always keep mine apart for an extra week, just in case.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Can you remind me how long I've got of this please?? I think it's 3 weeks isn't it, and then still another week of keeping her safe I think???
Helena one of the things that has always annoyed me is that the answer you get will depend on who is talking e.g. Bara's breeder said 'Oh it's only a few days' that's when he was trying to make sure we would take her. Another local said 'Oh it's six weeks' 'cos he didn't want us bringing her round what he considered 'his' part of the forrest when they were in season.

People will tell you all sorts of things but IMO you are right and I'm not going to say a specific time span, I do believe that there is about 3 - 4 days roughly 2 weeks from now when she's especially vulnerable and will need watching every second of the day
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >