View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Provided you still have room for my little man in your life every now and then I have no issues with it at all ;o)

Seriously though, I can 100% see both sides of the argument and am on both of your sides equally, although I'm swaying slightly towards you because:

a) I know you. You're very much like me and believe in fate/never miss an opportunity when you know it's meant to be.

b) I know you and know this will be a non issue for you as you are AMAZING with your dogs.

c) I know you and know just how much dogs mean to you.

Does any of that help? If not am quite happy to pop over to relieve you from the eye batting when your muscles tire ;o)
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2009, 09:51 PM
tbh hun , if its you who do all the work, etc then id say to hell with the hubby and keep the dog
lets face it, he wont move out just cos you have one more dog (at the most you might have a rocky couple of weeks rowing) you get what you want and best of all , the little Girl will get a wonderful forever home
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I always wonder why women feel they have to ask....You should be equals in this relationship ...
I think you answered yourself.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mese View Post
tbh hun , if its you who do all the work, etc then id say to hell with the hubby and keep the dog
lets face it, he wont move out just cos you have one more dog (at the most you might have a rocky couple of weeks rowing) you get what you want and best of all , the little Girl will get a wonderful forever home
I am quite open to persuasion and reasoned argument. I use them myself.

But the day I decide to say to hell with my partner's wishes and views is the day I am in the wrong relationship. I'd quickly get out of that relationship and the same would apply if my partner said to hell with my views.

It wouldn't be the extra dog, it'd be the utter lack of respect for each other's right to say who and what they live with.

Edit to add: three fails out of 250 fosters is very impressive.
logan44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I would go with your heart, if you can cope, whats one more , hubby will come round

Well done you
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
I am quite open to persuasion and reasoned argument. I use them myself.

But the day I decide to say to hell with my partner's wishes and views is the day I am in the wrong relationship. I'd quickly get out of that relationship and the same would apply if my partner said to hell with my views.

It wouldn't be the extra dog, it'd be the utter lack of respect for each other's right to say who and what they live with.

Edit to add: three fails out of 250 fosters is very impressive.
whilst i understand where you are comming from,if the dogs are not his responsibility and he is not expected to do anything for the dogs unless he chooses to,then what right really does he have to say no?sounds like a 'power trip'
eta..... it sounds to me like she was 'meant to be'
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 06:33 AM
I really don't think one more will make that much difference as you have five already.

Keep working on OH

x0x
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 06:40 AM
What is right for the dog?

Having fostered her, can you say that she is completely happy in a pack, or do you think she would be happier with all attention to herself?

What is right for the dog would colour my judgement on what to do next.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 08:10 AM
A head and heart matter. You are strong for being able to let 250 out the door. Through discussion hopefully it will be resloved. your O/H lives there too, so I guess he has a say as hard as that may be. I am a sucker for any dog and my O/H will always say no but that lasts for about 5mins until he looks at them.
Good-luck, surely if you don't mention it he may not notice there are 6 instead of 5???
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
But the day I decide to say to hell with my partner's wishes and views is the day I am in the wrong relationship.
but isn't that what her OH is doing? It works both ways! Personally if you do all the work then go for it. I have 9 and think it is fab!
Becky
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >