Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Nevertheless he must be an evil minded so and so to do what he did. He's very sad and should be forbidden to ever play football again. And for the record, so should all the others...just because they are allowed in, doesn't make it right....

Wys
x
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-08-2009, 02:03 PM
As I suggested, the Atlanta Felons could be an impressive team solely made of players that have committed serious crimes.

Who will want to invest with Bernie Matloff when he gets out?
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by buzzie View Post
I haven't either but that is a good name for them.

Keith Campos, I know you have a good point and I agree the NFL is full of people who have commited terrible crimes so now we have one more. I'll stick with golf!!
Please excuse my typo, when am I going to read what I type.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I saw his interview on "60 minutes" last night and all I can say is how do you say, you're sorry with a smile and smirk on your face

He was asked about the lies after he was caught and they had to dig deep to get him to say that he was sorry he lied to people in the NFL that stuck their neck out for him.

Then they asked what his reputation was as a player and he didn't get into anything negative right away. Then he was asked about being lazy and not feeling he had to work like others and he agreed that he was lazy.

You can see in this article, he said he thought the dog fighting was cool, exciting and FUN. That last word made me sick and no matter what culture you are brought up in, you do know right from wrong

One of the last questions that was asked was "Is this you speaking or the compay they have hired to rebuild your reputation" ? Of course he said it was Michael Vick speaking.

You know until this interview, I was weaking a bit but after last night, I dislike him even more.
http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf...ew_michae.html
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by keithcampos View Post
The dog fighting charge has nothing to do with his ability to play football[USA],let him come back and try and salvage what he can of his public and professional life.
Keith, that wasn't quite the response I was hoping for from you, yes, in law each crime is a seperate issue (That's why jurors are never given details of previous convictions) but there is a moral issue here.

I don't know about America but in UK these dog fight gangs are known by the Police to steal pets to use as bait, either during so called 'trainning' of their dogs or in the ring (Presumably as 'warm ups' for the main event on which incidentally a lot of money changes hands)

I suggest to you that you ponder the situation if one of your dogs was stolen and never seen again and the Police hinted that they believed it was used in this way.

I think your post was suggesting that he's had it as a footballer and he will soon be forgotten, but my point is that thousands, (millions on TV) will likely watch him and have no idea about his past, if we hope to live in a caring society (Which is what I always felt was the case from the many face to face meetings I've had with US service personell) then the NFL should have had the guts to say NO to him.

Originally Posted by buzzie View Post
I saw his interview on "60 minutes" last night and all I can say is how do you say, you're sorry with a smile and smirk on your face
Buzzie thanks for posting this.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to psyche myself up to open that link and be in a frame of mind where I can handle it. If I do not I'm likely to get very upset and that's not good for my blood pressure. I will get back to you by PM sometime soon 'tho.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
then the NFL should have had the guts to say NO to him.

That is so true but all they care about is a body out there that can win games, I doubt he can even do that now.

That really teaches our young people alot doesn't it
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 05:54 PM
I watched the videos (versions I saw were split into pt 1 & 2) and what I saw looked like a real PR job.
Sorry, but Mrs Merton would have been a tougher interviewer !
That boy was smirking, when he described the "fun and excitement " of dog fighting - and yet again when he described how he lied to his NFL people.
He was sorry, sure he was - sorry he was caught and sent to prison.
He even said it was only when he was in prison he realised he'd done wrong.
If you electrocute and kill dogs, I kinda think you know at the time its not the moral thing to do.
I also heard him say, football wasn't important.
Shame then he didn't leave it alone and fade off into obscurity - and do the humane work without a camera.
It stinks - whole thing stinks of PR.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I watched the videos (versions I saw were split into pt 1 & 2) and what I saw looked like a real PR job.
Sorry, but Mrs Merton would have been a tougher interviewer !
That boy was smirking, when he described the "fun and excitement " of dog fighting - and yet again when he described how he lied to his NFL people.
He was sorry, sure he was - sorry he was caught and sent to prison.
He even said it was only when he was in prison he realised he'd done wrong.
If you electrocute and kill dogs, I kinda think you know at the time its not the moral thing to do.
I also heard him say, football wasn't important.
Shame then he didn't leave it alone and fade off into obscurity - and do the humane work without a camera.
It stinks - whole thing stinks of PR.
It's all PR and he is such a bad actor. To think he thinks it of value to say it really hit him when his jail cell door closed. That's what most of us would have thought, it certainly wouldn't have been that he was really sorry for anyone but himself. He thought he was above the law and never would have served a day in jail.

I would give anyone a second chance and I would forgive anyone if they really meant it but if the NFL has to hire someone to correct your image that you don't have a chance of doing yourself you are pretty hopeless.

It does stink, just awful.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5