Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-07-2009, 08:58 PM

Convicted dog fight organiser Micheal Vick allowed back into the NFL

The evil convicted dog fight organiser and major breeder Micheal Vick has been allowed back into the American foorball leauge (The NFL) albeit with some conditions.

So hundreds of thousands of people will go to the matches, and millions watch on TV a man who has consistently breed dogs specifically for fighting and killing and who has been involved in organising illegal dog fight events.

I just saw a brief news item on Bloomberg, I can't bring myself to investigate further, the basic facts say it all 'tho I'm sure some double speak by the media and the NFL will make it look like he's far less guilty than he is. Wonder what our American members think about this

Do you remember the Lincoln City footballer who was allowed back into the team after deliberately going into a field and stabbing a horse (IIRC to death) and then the club saying he wasn't such a bad chap after all he had done his time
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-07-2009, 02:20 AM
I would hope he get to play in an empty stadium, but no such luck.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2009, 05:27 AM
I saw the misery and mayhem this evil man inflicted on his dogs via programmes on Sky. I hope his fans boo him off the field.

Scum......
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2009, 07:04 AM
one rule for him....sad that people put celebrity before morals.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Well you only have to look at Mike Tyson who is a convicted rapist and people still look up to him to realise that there seem to be very little morals and ethics if the person concerned is famous.
Becky
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2009, 08:36 AM
The three-time Pro Bowl selection can practice immediately and play in the preseason’s final two games if he can find a team that will hire him, the NFL said in a news release.
Later in the article from Bloomberg Press comes this quote

“People with a strong love for animals will be incensed,” said George Belch, a professor of marketing at San Diego State University. “People will be barking at him. But the average fan, if he starts performing and throws a few touchdowns, they will have a short memory.”
Sadly, I fear the short memory will be true.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2009, 08:38 AM
he doesnt deserve another chance at all, how many of his dogs didnt get a chance ??

disgusting it really is, so once he has all the money etc again will he not just do as he did before and thus the cycle will continue - Learn from his mistakes - I seriously doubt it, once you have that mentality I dont think it suddenly changes.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2009, 08:40 AM
fame and money talk im afraid. , god what a world we live in. makes me sick. i strongly believe in karma and i truely hope he will get *his* one day.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2009, 08:43 AM
I signed a petition to stop him being accepted back - I see it didn`t have any effect . Maybe people in the US can vote with their feet and not attend games - I can`t imagine anything else will have much effect.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Very sad indeed. It seems if you're famous enough you can be excused for the most appalling and calculating behaviour.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »