Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah I read about toothpaste and such

Do any of you know greenies??? Does anyone know wot these contain??

They are too expenssive for daily use, but once in a while..

Poor Lexi

Luna have had rawhide chews ever since she was a puppy. With no problems.. A bit of gass if she had chewed for a long time several days in a row, but that was it..
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 06:37 PM
J, I've PM'd you regarding Greenies
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Thank you Ingrid

Here's a pic for ya. Luna with greenie:

maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
Thank you Ingrid

Here's a pic for ya. Luna with greenie:
LOL J, you weren't kidding when you said it was small!!!!!

I wonder if the one on its way to me will be as small as that!!!

Great picture, she seems quite happy with it all the same, perhaps not happy her photo was being taken of her precious prize
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Well I think when Luna's tummy has been settled for even longer she may be ok with the rawhide once again, but not to much, her tummy is still getting used to the switching of food etc and bit by bit she is getting there and too much rawhide may upset the balance while things are still slowly progressing...I would say once she has been settled completly on the new food for a month or so without trouble then you could let her have a little chew

I never let mine have to much rawhide as I don't think it's good for there tummies to have alot to digest but I don't mind them having the odd rawhide now and again, every other week or so.

Other than that they get raw marrow or knuckle bones once a week and they adore those, sometimes they have been known to get an upset tummy with them but most the time they are fine...with the raw bones I make sure they don't have them in the heat of a hot day and wait till evening time, I let them chew till their hearts are content which is normally a good few hours and then I bin them...I used to let them have them longer but then I think bacteria gets on them and then the tummy trouble will start!...If they have had an especially big bone and still have alot of chewing left on it I have been known to rinse them very clean and then put in a clean bag and then in the fridge for later, but that's only if they have had them out of the sun and they haven't been laying around at all...But I never let them leave them and go back to them when they please for days as that is asking for trouble!

They get the large Nutro biscuits and JWB crackerjacks (they are nice and crunchy) and they get raw carrotts (they love them)

Along with all that...I clean both sets of teeth every other day with a good enzyme what's it called! doggy toothpaste (The better ones tend to be a little pricey I pay £4.50 I think for a tube! (on the odd occassion I can't get round to it but that's fine because I keep up with it so regular it doesn't matter) and I also use Logic Oral Gel too...

Needless to say there teeth are nice and white which is good because Kody needs all the help he can get cuz he always has his face and mouth in dirt! and eats the grass when it is cut etc and I think they would get stained quite quickly! Keena is much more hygenic and isn't half as bad as him...lol
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Hi J, sorry you're still having problems with her tummy.
Have you tried roasted knuckle bones? They're quite hard but just crumble when chewed for a long time so she wouldn't choke on it? Woody loves them! Nylabones are good too, like someone mentioned. Also pedigree sell something called Denta stix that are shaped to clean the dogs teeth while being chewed, might be worth a try?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
I would say once she has been settled completly on the new food for a month or so without trouble then you could let her have a little chew
This is what I was thinking too

Originally Posted by myschievous
They get the large Nutro biscuits and JWB crackerjacks (they are nice and crunchy) and they get raw carrotts (they love them)
Will see if I can get the Nutro biscuits and JWB's. She's not that in to carrotts

Thank you Mys
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Hi J, sorry you're still having problems with her tummy.
Have you tried roasted knuckle bones? They're quite hard but just crumble when chewed for a long time so she wouldn't choke on it? Woody loves them! Nylabones are good too, like someone mentioned. Also pedigree sell something called Denta stix that are shaped to clean the dogs teeth while being chewed, might be worth a try?
Do you mean like this:

Yeah I know the denta sticks...

Thank you emma
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
Do you mean like this:

Yeah I know the denta sticks...

Thank you emma
Holy cow! Woody would sell his soul for one of those. Yeah that's what I mean, never seen one that big mind!

Just thought you could try pigs ears too?! Or perhaps just little puppy raw hide chews, she may be able to tolerate raw hide in small amounts?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Holy cow! Woody would sell his soul for one of those. Yeah that's what I mean, never seen one that big mind!

Just thought you could try pigs ears too?! Or perhaps just little puppy raw hide chews, she may be able to tolerate raw hide in small amounts?
Awww Woody

Yep we have pig's ears, but it doesnt take her more than a minute or 2 to chew that

Yeah maybe.. I think I'm going to give her about a month without rawhides at all and then give her one, and see how she reacts
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >