View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2007, 05:04 AM
went and registered with a dentist yesterday - got to wait for an appointment though. have still got the emergency dentist number but at the moment the abcess seems to be getting better - not so much pain etc. going to go through with this now

sue
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2007, 06:09 AM
Well done Sue. That's incredibly brave of you honey xox
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Well Done You!!!

Once you start going and having treatment you'll feel loads better.
I've got an appointment on Monday for an examination prior to going to the hospital.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Well Done You!!!

Once you start going and having treatment you'll feel loads better.
I've got an appointment on Monday for an examination prior to going to the hospital.
hope everything goes all right for you......will be thinking of you
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I had a Dental Abscess last year, had the tooth removed with ‘relative analgesia’ (I didn't want a GA because I really don't like being put to sleep, unless absolutely needed). I don't like the dentist at all, I don't really fear them I was just very phobic of having injections put into my mouth (which I don't like at all) so I was given a Gas and Air to mildly sedate me which helped a great deal and I found it much better than GA..
The extraction was painless and so were the injections (I think which was helped along because the dentist I went to rubbed local anaesthetic gel onto my gums where he intended to put the needles).

I didn't feel a thing, honestly. I was incredibly relaxed and not one bit nervous once the treatment to remove my tooth had started. So be brave and ask if your dentists do ‘relative analgesia’ (which is Gas and Air breathed through a nosepiece) it worked wonders for me and I don't think I will ever feel as nervous as I did about having injections for whatever treatment is needed on my teeth in the future
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I had a Dental Abscess last year, had the tooth removed with ‘relative analgesia’ (I didn't want a GA because I really don't like being put to sleep, unless absolutely needed). I don't like the dentist at all, I don't really fear them I was just very phobic of having injections put into my mouth (which I don't like at all) so I was given a Gas and Air to mildly sedate me which helped a great deal and I found it much better than GA..
The extraction was painless and so were the injections (I think which was helped along because the dentist I went to rubbed local anaesthetic gel onto my gums where he intended to put the needles).

I didn't feel a thing, honestly. I was incredibly relaxed and not one bit nervous once the treatment to remove my tooth had started. So be brave and ask if your dentists do ‘relative analgesia’ (which is Gas and Air breathed through a nosepiece) it worked wonders for me and I don't think I will ever feel as nervous as I did about having injections for whatever treatment is needed on my teeth in the future
thanks for the encouragement and advice

sue
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2