View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 12:33 AM

An update on our ratties :) (very pic heavy)

Thought some of you may be interested in hearing a bit about some of our ratties, I've not posted them here since goodness knows when - so thought I'd post all the current rats we have

BUCKS:

Bongo Fury Abba Zabba - Zabba - Russian Blue. Zabba is our oldest man, he was 2 last July. He's a wonderful lad - still acting like a youngster, but slowing down a bit lately.

Bongo Fury Yellow Light - Yeller - Russian Silver Agouti. Yeller is a sweet chap, he's always been an odd colour p and he is Russian Silver Agouti - but I reckon there's something else going on there as he's very yellowed. He's a daft thing though - and ever so cuddly <3.

Tenaran Disco Boy - Darcy - Russian Blue. Darcy is a lovely lad. He's unfortunately been rather ill lately and it's a very difficult illness to manage. He's doing OK at the moment, but he has ups and downs - and I don't think he'llbe with us for very long he's a darling though, and we treasure every extra day we get.

Bongo Fury Snatched From Dry Earth - Snatch - Russian Dove Agouti. Snatch is a sweet lad - very quiet and clingy. He's not been well either lately - he had a nasty respiratory illness that left him weakened. He's doing well - but he's never 100%

Bongo Fury Grey Sparks Clacks - Claxon - Russian Blue Satin. Claxon is a wonderful lad - a big hulk with a gorgeous nature. He's Snatch's brother, and just as sweet, but a bit more reserved with people - he's not nearly so clingy! Hoping we might get a litter from him in the near future.

Bongo Fury Flash Gordon's Ape - Flash - Russian Blue Agouti. Flash is a favourite of mine, I know you shouldn't have favourites, but there's something magic about Flashy and we're very close. He's so like his dad and his grandad <3 and I absolutely dote on him!

Bongo Fury White Elephant - Eli - Russian Silver. Eli is my current Russian Silver stud buck. He's a stunning lad, with a perfect nature - and I'm just besotted with him. He's the father of our current litter - and I'm hoping we can use him again later with another doe.

Bongo Fury Hoodoo Hoe-Down - Hoodoo - Russian Blue Agouti. Hoodoo is a lovely lad - and I'm sad that we won't be breeding from him, as he's had a few upper respiratory issues. He's fine really, but I don't like to risk it if they've been at all ill - but it is a shame as he's such a nice lad <3

Bongo Fury Red Violin - Red - Russian Cinnamon Pearl. Red is a gorgeous lad - a fascinating colour when he was younger he's evened out as an adult and you can't see his pearling (you can in this old pic). He's a lovely lad - and I'm undecided as to whether I'll use him for breeding yet.

Atlas Excentrifugal Forz - Forz - Russian Blue Agouti Rex. Forz and his brother Switch were effectively 'stud fees' as we bred both of their parents. They are a joy to have here, and really just wonderful personalities. Forz is one of the lickiest rats I know <3

Atlas Burnt Weeny Sandwich - Switch - Black Rex. Switch is like his brother, but a bit more reserved. He's a sweetheart of a lad, and I really hope we can use him to further our Silvers in the future, all being well. He's the most gorgeous looking lad too - like a little black teddy!

Bongo Fury Victor Hayden -Victor - Russian Silver Agouti. Victor and his brother Gumbo are two of our latest additions. Vic is a darling lad - really soft and laid back, the opposite of Gumbo who's into everything. They both make me laugh all the time <3 and I just love them both!

Bongo Fury Bayou Boy - Gumbo - Russian Cinnamon Pearl. Gumbo is the same colour as Red, and hasn't yet lost that pearling, though I'm sure he will. He's mad mad mad - licks everything, runs and pings like a tiny baby all the time - and he's just hysterical!

DOES

Bongo Fury Intricate Lace - Lacey - Russian Blue Agouti. Lacey is our oldest girl - she's a gentle old thing, and starting to lose condition and size now, but still getting on OK, despite her frailty. She's always been very close to me, and loves to come for cuddles, though she's no longer the shoulder rat she once was, in case she falls now she's all doddery

Bongo Fury Polyethylene Bag - Ethyl - Russian Blue Agouti. Ethyl will be two at the end of January I'm really pleased with her, she's such a gentle sweet and loving old girl - and always comes to me for fuss <3 I'm so glad to have been able to have spent a good length of time with her. She's a lovely old lady.

Tenaran Tink Walks Amok - Tink - Russian Blue. Tink is nuts! She's always been nuts, in a good way! She's sadly not been well in recent months, but has given us so much joy over the time we've had her. She's a lovely old lady, and currently lives with Lacey and Zabba (who is totally infertile). The three of them get on so well <3 it's totally wonderful to see.

Warrensark Waka/Jawaka - Fozzy - Agouti Rex. Fozzy bear is an absolute sweetheart. She's one of my cuddliest teddy bear rats, and just adores attention. She's wonderfully sweetnatured, and I don't know how I'd be without her fuzzy nose at the bars every time I go in to the rat shed!

Bongo Fury Moonlight On Vermont - Varmint - Russian Silver. Varm is one of my special girls (they're all special of course!), she's the most wonderful colour (this colour being the reason we breed) - and she's just the most lovely girl. She's given us a lovely litter (Eli is one of her sons), and she's just such a stable, dependable little girl.

Bongo Fury Floppy Boot Stomp - Floppy - Russian Dove Agouti. Anyone who knows me and my rats knows how much this girl means to me. All of my rats mean the world to me, and I'm close to all of them, but some are 'heart rats'. Floppy is like my child. We are incredibly close, and she's just perfect. She is everything I look for in a rat. She gave us a beautiful litter <3 and is now in retirement as one of my very special older ladies.

Warrensark Weasels Ripped My Flesh - Weasel - Agouti. Weasel came to us with her sister Fozzy as 'stud fees'. We bred their mum. Weasel, like Fozzy, is just perfect temperament - however she's more laid back about things. She is never first to the bars, but always longest to stay for snuggles <3

Bongo Fury Frownland - Smiler - Russian Blue Agouti. Smiler has never been a well little girl. Her illness is well managed, but I don't expect she'll have a long life I'm trying not to get too attached to her because of this - of course, it hasn't worked, and because she's been sick, I've been monitoring her closely, and have become even more attached will be a sad day when she passes.

Bongo Fury Bellerin' Plain - Bella - Agouti. Bella is just off a litter - we kept rather a lot of her babies - including Gumbo and Vic. They all have aspects of her wonderful temperament, which I have no doubt she got from her mum Weasel - though she does have a healthy dose of the flamboyance of her lovely dad Gator Possum (who is sadly at the bridge ). She's an allround good egg!

Bongo Fury Mrs Wooten - W00t - Russian Blue Agouti. W00t is a really crazy little girl. She's absolutely gorgeous, but sadly will not be bred from as her temperament and behaviour are just too uneven. I think she had an abscess that caused more damage than we thought, to her brain (the abscess was under her ear) and although she's recovered fully, she's never been quite right - so she's just a much loved and very mad pet!

Bongo Fury Do-Si-Do The Devil - Dosie - Russian Blue. Dosie is the mother of our current litter. She's a sweet little girl, Floppy's daughter. She has a very quiet nature, not one to grab at you and pull you into the cage - which is a bit of a shame, but Eli is the opposite, so hopefully the kittens will be a nice middle ground - so far they seem to be!

Aeris Valarie - Valarie - British Blue Agouti. Valarie is a livewire - really feisty and pingy she's never still for a second which makes taking pics rather hard! She and her sister Bea were again 'stud fees' from Aeris Rattery as we bred both the parents. She's a crazy little madam, and always cheers me up to watch her bounce around like something on drugs!

Aeris Aybe Sea - Bea - Russian Silver Agouti. Bea is settling down with age, although she's more of a ratty rat - and not really a fan of being picked up much. She puts up with it, but you can see she'd rather be off exploring. She's a young girl, so I'm hoping she'll mature into a more laid back adult. She's very pretty certainly <3

Bongo Fury Red Hot Iron - Ronnie - Agouti. Ronnie is one of the four girls we kept from Bella's litter. She's one of the quietest of them all - very like her mum in nature - just gentle and laid back. Hopefully she'll have a lovely litter when she's mature.

Bongo Fury Sunburn Bounce - Ber - Cinnamon. I have high hopes for Ber - she's a really gorgeous girl, great type and colour and a fab temperament to boot. She's just wonderful - and I'm hoping she'll be the start of a non Silver line (probably Mink and Cinnamon) for pets for those who haven't the strength to cope with the health problems we still see in Silvers. She's a lovely doe and I really do hope things work out with her <3

Bongo Fury Parapliers - Parry (Stumpy!) - Russian Silver Agouti. Parry is a gorgeous little lass - except for her stumpy tail! She had a bit of it taken off when she was a day or two old - probably Bella was a bit rough picking her up - but it hinders her not. She'll never be a show rat sadly, but she does have fab type colour and temperament, so I'm hoping she'll further our Silvers when she's old enough.

Bongo Fury Indian Flint - Indy - British Blue Agouti. Indy is a lovely girl - but doesn't stand out to me like her sisters do. This doesn't write her off of course, and she's still a back up for breeding, but I don't really want to breed all of the sisters, so will probably not have a litter from her, unless the others don't work out. She's a gorgeous girl though, with a really gentle and quiet nature.

THE LOGRATS - pet only rats/rescues etc.

Lotte Lipp - Lotte - British Blue Hooded. Lotte was a rescue from Dublin. She came to us along with her sister Val after a friend rescued them from becoming snake food they are lovely little girls, though starting to feel a bit old now. They're just a breath of fresh air though, as they are so different in all ways to the rats we breed!

Val Denton - Val - Black Berkshire Dumbo. Val is my token Dumbo - she's a lovely looking little lass - with a really worried expression! She's very sweet natured, and always out for a cuddle. She 'looks after' the other rats in her cage, if there's been a squabble she will sit with the offended party and wash them and generally make them feel better <3

Our current litter - Dosie x Eli

Two Russian Buff Does:

My Russian Blue Buck:

Four Russian Blue Does:

Hope you like and aren't all bored to tears!

xx
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-01-2011, 12:53 AM
Bongo Fury Polyethylene Bag - you have to love that name.

Fantastic post !
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Thanks Phil! I love my names - it's one of my favourite bits of rat keeping!

xx
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-01-2011, 01:13 AM
I can imagine.

Hannah never got her rat - she went with the fish in the end.

Perhaps a good thing with her going for a kitten afterwards.

Hope your keeping well anyway.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 03:49 PM
No bored at all Laura but very jealous You must send me Switch immediately I NEED him
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Aww glad you like them Ann!

xx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Wow. What a fantastic collection of gorgeous ratties you have there, Love the silver ones. Beautiful!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm absolutely smitten with all of them! They are all beautiful. I have a soft spot for ratties and they are most definately on my future pet to own list! Stunning little babes.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 07:59 PM
I love them all

You will be at Bradford won't you ... all 3 of my Bongo Fury rats will be there to see yoU
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 02:30 AM
Thanks Julie! We should be there All things being well - we're supposed to be anyway! we're both stewarding!

Sad update - we lost Fozzy tonight :*(

xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >