Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by Browndogs View Post
It's a yes from me too. Never made any hard or fast rules about it but let the dogs decide. For the last few months Bruno (now two and a half) would come to bed with me until I fell asleep and then go downstairs to sleep on the couch. Since our second dog (Mouse arrived) and started to sleep on the bed (and sometimes in it she is a whippet after all) Bruno has started to sleep on the bed again - I wonder why
Honey is a whippet and loves to curl up in a ball right next to me in bed and goes fast asleep like yours sometimes in the bed or with her head under a blanket. Is this what all whippets tend to do, i just thought it was Honey.
Shepherd
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Unfortunately not for me, I love my dog but we each have our own bed, even though they are right next to each other.
x_mazzie_x
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Molly sleeps with us in the bed, she starts off at the end of the bed, then creeps up under the duvet and lies inbetween me and my boyfriend lol
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Our first dog slept in the bed (husband's fault; when I was in hospital for two nights I came back to find that it was now his routine!) He was lovely, just like a hot water bottle, but the only drawback was that if he got too hot he would flop out onto the floor, and then once cool demand to come back in by putting his nose under the edge of the duvet and vigorously shaking it up and down.........not a nice way to be woken up on a cold night.
Second dog never ever slept in or on the bed, and she loved her own place in the kitchen.
New dog would adore to be in bed with us.......he is a real little lapdog; but the bedrooms are strictly out of bounds and he accepts it grudgingly. For one thing, he cannot be trusted not to pee (in the kitchen it is no big deal), and for another he is an awful fidget - when lying on or next to me on the sofa he is constantly twitching/nibbling/trying to deflea my arms and legs etc. We would never get any sleep!!
rachelsbeauty
New Member!
Female 

19-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Well its a yes from me im afraid. I always like to cuddle up to my lurcher, as she keeps me warm
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Personally, I never have and I never will ever allow a dog ... or a cat for that matter ... to sleep on my bed.

My pets ... including daughter's cat ... are more than welcome to come up on our bed in the morning whilst we are drinking our morning cuppa for a cuddle. But only upon our invitation, and never to sleep.

It's all about setting the boundaries ... the originator of this thread tells us about the person who had his/her nose bitten off. I rest my case.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Personally, I never have and I never will ever allow a dog ... or a cat for that matter ... to sleep on my bed.

My pets ... including daughter's cat ... are more than welcome to come up on our bed in the morning whilst we are drinking our morning cuppa for a cuddle. But only upon our invitation, and never to sleep.

It's all about setting the boundaries ... the originator of this thread tells us about the person who had his/her nose bitten off. I rest my case.
LOL to bounderies.

It isn't about bounderies, they can be set to be anything, it is about the dogs obeying when they are told to get off.

My dogs have freedom to go wherever they like including on the furniture but if I say get off I expect them to do it. Same with visiting dogs.

You can just as easily get bitten playing with a dog or walking past one. Or even having a cuddle on the bed in the morning.

You have to trust on both sides.

At the moment the small dog is on the end of my bed and Etta sleeps next to me. Champa wants to but is sometimes incontinent so he is in the bedroom but not on the bed----much to his disgust!

rune
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2010, 09:48 AM
hi
i let my guys sort it out themselves ....which actually works out that Flea only alows his 'brokeback' friend Tupac upstairs ...flea has his own bed in the bedroom,he will hop on to say hello then go to his own bed...so i infact share my bed with a wolfy rug(Tupac) ...Lobo(Fleas dad) spends at least 5 hours sometimes(no joke)...creeping up step by step only to be told to go back down again by Flea...poor lad ..the rest all go to their favourite spots
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Share my bed with a dog......never
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

He won't let me

Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2010, 05:30 PM
I never have the dogs in bed (or even in the bedroom) but I often go to sleep with a rat on my pillow
Page 18 of 45 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 > Last »