Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-08-2005, 07:23 PM

*Foop!*

Just FYI. If you sneak up to an upside-down sleeping rottweiller, and yell *Foop* in her ear, she starts to run. After about 10 seconds she realises she is still upside down, and tries to turn over whilst still running. There follows a delicious *Bambi on ice* episode...priceless
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 07:33 PM
aww thats cruel!!poor doggy!!
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Gaz webber
Just FYI. If you sneak up to an upside-down sleeping rottweiller, and yell *Foop* in her ear, she starts to run.
I think this only applies to certain rottweilers! You know they say dogs take after their owners?....... :smt043 :smt043
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by candie
aww thats cruel!!poor doggy!!
No. it's retribution. She wakes me at 5:30 every morning by dragging the duvet off the bed, across the hall and into the bathroom. And then howling because she can't get out 'cos the door is full of duvet....
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 07:36 PM
BorderCollieLvr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 07:38 PM
If i did that to mine i stand a chance of being bitten until they realise its me. Its not a good idea to wake a sleeping doggie. Same as my dogs know if they wake me in the morning the chances are I bite!
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Gaz webber
No. it's retribution. She wakes me at 5:30 every morning by dragging the duvet off the bed, across the hall and into the bathroom. And then howling because she can't get out 'cos the door is full of duvet....
Gaz, I think it's time to introduce you to a little-known concept called "T..r..a..i..n..i..n..g" - though I'm not sure which one of you it should apply to. :smt043
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by BorderCollieLvr
If i did that to mine i stand a chance of being bitten until they realise its me. Its not a good idea to wake a sleeping doggie. Same as my dogs know if they wake me in the morning the chances are I bite!
I think I am.....just excuse me a minute......
Hmm....She has had her revenge...she's dragged the duvet and pillows off the bed, and dumped the pillows in the toilet. Again. A trick she has to show she is irked....
Anyway, as I was saying, I am blessed with a Mutt who would not even consider biting, even from sound asleep to wide awake. it just isn't in her canine vocabulary. Actually, her reaction was, having gained equilibrium and poise, to give me a wet kiss.....and then drop the pillows in the toilet....heh, bless. For this I may have to plot further
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 07:48 PM
me think we need piccies of said dog
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Archaeopath
Gaz, I think it's time to introduce you to a little-known concept called "T..r..a..i..n..i..n..g" - though I'm not sure which one of you it should apply to. :smt043
I know, I know. But...she is trained enough to be house/user friendly, clean, and non destructive. She comes when I call her. Mostly. Frequen...ofte..someti...when she feels like it, and I am thinking that this is enough. She has spirit and vivacity, and I don't want to impose too much of myself on her. I want (gods help me for saying this) her to think fo herself. (Given that in a thinking competition between her and a set of false teeth in a glass of water, the teeth will win).
I have in the past had a German Shepherd who was ex police. Trained to the nines, and somehow soulless, until he realised he didn't have to watch my every movement and listen for every instruction. After that he was fun. And would even, if required, do as he was told. He was also a) devious, and B) a coward He also used to drink beer at the local pub. German Shepherds have faces designed to demontrate what a hangover looks like
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >